If you're a sushi lover like me, then you'll do anything to find the best sushi rolls in town. Luckily for my sushi lovers in Tuscaloosa, I've already tried them all and I'm here to inform you on my absolute favorites. Each restaurant has something special about its sushi and among all the options, there's definitely one for you that serves the right kind of rolls for the right kind of price. Here are the best sushi restaurants in Tuscaloosa. 

Maki Fresh

Maki Fresh is has unique sushi offerings and is definitely somewhere to try if you want something different. Not only do they fully cook their salmon in the sushi, but they also offer weird ingredients like grilled chicken, green apples, and jalepeños for it too. Maki Fresh is located on the outskirts of Tuscaloosa off McFarland Blvd. If you decide to check this one out, I recommend the Tide signature roll. 

Surin of Thailand

tuna, fish, sushi
Fallon Acker

This sushi restaurant is a little more pricey but in my opinion, it's worth every penny. I like to do the sushi combo where you get two different kinds of rolls with about 14 pieces total for about $15. It also serves food like Pad Thai, fried rice and pineapple shrimp. So, if you have a friend who's not feeling sushi, they don't have an excuse to not go with you. Additionally, Surin of Thailand offers "midnight sushi" starting at 11 p.m. on Thursday nights, where you can get a plate of rolls for just $1. Located on the strip, this restaurant is the perfect place to munch after a Thursday night of bar hopping.  

Hokkaido

sauce, seafood, eel, tuna, salmon, teriyaki, rice, sushi
Parsa Lotfi

Hokkaido is a more high-end restaurant and offers hibachi made in front of you, but it is definitely a place to try if you're willing to spend some money. One thing I've noticed about Hokkaido is that a lot of its rolls have cream cheese in them, which is great for people like me, who love cream cheese. This is the place to go for a nice date, a fancy night out with friends, or when the rents come to visit. My favorite roll on the menu is the yummy roll, which has shrimp, crab, scallops and of course, cream cheese. 

OEC

ham, bacon
Danielle Karp

I honestly eat this one a little too often. If you're looking for cheap sushi, OEC is the place for you. The rolls range from $3 to $10 and for the price, the quality of taste will surprise you. OEC doesn't have much seating space so I personally like to get take out and enjoy the tasty sushi in the comfort of my own home. OEC also offers hibachi food for an affordable price, however, they don't cook it in front of you. 

Chuck's Fish

This is the place you go to for a special event, or a before nice night on the town. Chuck's fish is more formal and the rolls are a little more pricey. This one is different because it's not just a Japanese restaurant and it also serves things like crab cakes and of course, if you couldn't tell by the name, fish. Additionally, this place offers unique ingredients like bacon and green onions. You also get some bread before your meal at this one, so that's a plus. I recommend the spicy tuna roll, add bacon. 

Rock'n'roll Sushi

seafood, rice, shrimp, salmon, tuna, sushi
Nicole Albanese

Let's just say this place is rockin'. The inside of the restaurant is decorated with historic rock memorabilia but still incorporates hints of Japanese culture. Most of the rolls on the menu are named after music legends, like Led Zeppelin, Madonna, or Bob Marley, and are a decent price. I recommend the crab wontons for an appetizer, but only if you enjoy a little spice, because they have jalepenos in them. I think if Elvis we're alive, he'd approve of Rock'n'roll sushi.

Kobe

sashimi, tuna, seafood, fish, rice, salmon, sushi
Danielle Karp

This is another one where you can get sushi, of course, but also hibachi, cooked right in front of your eyes. The lights in this restaurant are dim, there's plenty of seating space and whenever I've gone, it's never been too busy. Kobe also offers fairly average prices. I like to go to Kobe when I feel like eating sushi at a sit-down restaurant, but I don't want to spend a lot of money. This one is located at midtown village and if you decide to check it out, I recommend the spring rolls and the house salad as appetizers. 

So, if you're trying to take your significant other somewhere impressive, you should try Chuck's Fish or Hokkaido. If you're just a little stoned and craving that raw fish and rice combo, I think OEC would do the trick. All in all, I hope this encourages my fellow sushi lovers to expand their taste buds around the Tuscaloosa area.