In the aftermath of the Chipotle E. coli outbreak, many people are scrambling to find a replacement. Well, UVA students finally have their answer: Mezeh Mediterranean Grill.

Located in the Shops at Stonefield, Mezeh offers a Mediterranean spin on the new fast-casual restaurant trend. With its fresh ingredients and endless options, it might just be the new Chipotle.

Mezeh

Photo by Bridget Muckian

Ordering involves the same concept as Chipotle: you go in and pick what kind of entree you want — salad, rice bowl, rice/salad mix, or pita wrap — and then customize from there.

The best part is there’s no limit to how many toppings you can choose, and nothing costs extra (looking at you, Chipotle guac).

#SpoonTip: Order your bowl to-go — you’ll get more food.

Mezeh

Photo by Bridget Muckian

Another thing that’s better than Chipotle — the choice of toppings is ENDLESS. You can choose from a variety of premade salads, roasted vegetables, 3 different types of hummus (hype), pickled veggies and a zillion other things.

And just when you think you’re done, you get to the sauces. There are 6 different types of sauces to choose from. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, I recommend the tzatziki and the spicy harissa sauce; they complement each other well.

Mezeh

Photo by Bridget Muckian

Mezeh caters to many diets as well. Vegetarians can get falafel instead of meat, and vegans also have plenty to choose from since so many of the toppings are fresh veggies. Everyone can feel good about eating at Mezeh since they don’t use any additives or preservatives in their ingredients.

Mezeh

Photo courtesy of Mezeh Mediterranean Grill on Facebook

Another bonus: Mezeh also offers a selection of fresh juices such as kale-beet and cucumber mint. You can’t get this at Chipotle, kids.

Overall, Mezeh offers a huge variety of choices. You can order something different every time you go — when was the last time you ordered anything other than a burrito bowl at Chipotle?

So go forth and find the optimal hummus-to-falafel ratio.

Mezeh