Long Island is home to some of the best ice cream around. Whether it's a hot summer day or a crisp fall night, ice cream is always my best friend, right hand and go-to. I would like to thank my dad for being my partner in crime, coming along to try some of the best places on the Island. Here are some of LI's best locales in no particular order and you must try them all. Here is the scoop:

For When You Want To Pretend You Are In Florence, Italy: Caffe Italia

ice, cream, chocolate
Lauren Peller

Bringing Italy to Long Island, this cute gelato and coffee shop is right on Deer Park Avenue in Deer Park. This gelato blew my mind and transported me to Europe. After taste-testing gelato flavors, the cookies and cream and pistachio were definitely my favorites. I would highly recommend this "old world" store if you are looking for some gelato—which is less fattening and less calories than ice cream.  

Location: 1745 Deer Park Avenue, Deer Park, NY 11729

If You're Craving Some Classic Ices: Ralph's Italian Ices

A photo posted by Ralph's Ices (@ralphsfamous) on

All across Long Island, you can find a Ralph's just about anywhere. From ice cream to water ices to cream ices, they have everything you could imagine in a traditional ice cream shop. Try the peanut butter cookie dough cream ice or the blue Hawaii water ice. You'll be back for more. 

Location: Multiple Locations 

When You Want The Most Over The Top Fro-Yo: Yogurt & Such 

They say that a picture is worth a thousand words. Yogurt & Such has the most epic fro-yo. From endless topping options to fro-yo birthday cakes, you will definitely find any of your favorite combinations and those you have never even thought of. Try their yogurt parfaits and make sure to get a good photo for your Instagram feed. 

Location: 1 Glen Gove Road, NY 11548

When You're Pretending To Be On a "Diet": The Lite Choice 

A photo posted by @freaking4froyo on

Finally, an option for you that is relatively healthy and tastes great. This soft serve ice cream is the healthiest choice on the list. You can either make your own flavors from scratch or get a vanilla, chocolate or Colombian coffee. Then, you can add toppings galore. But, when you are on a #diet, maybe skip the toppings. 

Location: 7921 Jericho Turnpike, Woodbury, NY 11797

When You Want to Try Fro-Yo the Size of Your Head: Hewlett Station Yogurt 

A photo posted by @freaking4froyo on

Hewlett Station Yogurt are home to the infamous "Hewlee" which is a yogurt concoction with any mix-ins you have a hankering for. With yogurt this size, you won't leave hungry. 

Location: 1213 Station Plaza, Hewlett, NY 11557

When You Want Traditional Ice Cream: Kilwins

A photo posted by @fullbeforemontauk on

In Babylon or the town of Huntington, you will be swept away by the sweet smells of this shop. From chocolates to candy apples and more, people still line up for the ice cream. My personal favorite is the mint chocolate chip or banana chip ice cream. 

Locations: 293 Main St, Huntington, NY 11743, 130 Deer Park Ave, Babylon, NY 11702

When You Want Ice Cream in a Chocolate Coating: Marvel Frozen Dairy

A photo posted by Rob Petrone (@robpetronetv) on

You can't go to Long Beach without stopping here. People wait in line to get Marvel’s signature brown bonnet. The brown bonnet is a loaded cone filled with soft-served ice cream that is dipped in chocolate. However, a simple chocolate vanilla twist with some sprinkles will always hit the spot. 

Location: 258 Lido Blvd, Lido Beach, NY 11561

When You Want a Classic Ice Cream Parlour: Krisch's Restaurant & Ice Cream Parlour

A photo posted by @fatpplonly on

With an abundance of flavors, there’s truly something for everyone to try at Krisch’s. Next time you’re in the mood to sit down and indulge, try the chocolate peanut butter sundae. 

Location: 11 Central Ave Massapequa, NY 11758

If You Want a Homemade Ice Cream Sandwich: Chip'n Dipped 

A photo posted by Foodgasms (@foodgasmsusa) on

Stop in the town of Huntington for an ice cream sandwich using their freshly made cookies. With many flavors to choose from, consider going all peanut "buttered" out with a warm peanut butter cookie and peanut butter ice cream. Sorry, peanut-free people.

Location: 342 New York Ave, Huntington, NY 11743

For Those Who Want To Try Nitrogen Ice cream: Sub Zero Ice Cream

I have never loved science in school, but watching this ice cream being made is really cool. Choose from regular ice cream, low-fat, or vegan yogurt then select your flavor, mix-ins and toppings. My favorite is the Peanut Butter Bonds flavor, but the options are endless. 

Location: 73 N Ocean Ave, Patchogue, NY 11772

If You Are a Cookie Dough Lover: Scoop Du Jour 

A photo posted by #foodb4dude (@foodb4dude) on

Calling all cookie dough fanatics, this place is for you. Be sure to get a slab of cookie dough on top of your ice cream. You won't have to eat raw cookie dough from the refrigerator section anymore. 

Location: 35 Newtown Ln, East Hampton, NY 11937

For Those Who Love Homemade Ice Cream: Snowflake Ice Cream Shoppe

This ice cream parlor is usually buzzing with locals. Popular treats on the menu include the Picnic Swamp and Black Magic Woman which are customized blends of ice cream and toppings. Hit this place if you are shopping at the Riverhead Outlets. 

Location: 1148 West Main Street, Riverhead 11901

When You Want Ice Cream at Another Level: Ice Cream Cottage

Known for all baked goods, candies and ice cream, this venue will pique all of your dreams and desires. Try out some rainbow cookie ice cream or even chocolate ice cream in a cookie cone. For those who are over 21, I think this place is a winner with the three flavors of frosé

Location: 1590 Montauk Highway, Mastic, NY 11950

When You Want Ice Cream and Coffee: Gooseberry Grove

The cutest shop in Oyster Bay offers a variety of ice cream and dessert selections. Be adventurous and try the chocolate bacon ice cream or Kahlúa-flavored vanilla ice cream with their iced coffee on the side. 

Location: 12 E Main St, Oyster Bay, NY 11771

If You Love Salty and Sweet: McNulty's Ice Cream Parlor 

Salty and sweet is always my favorite combination. The salted pretzel cones are to die for as they are made from actual pretzel dough. They pair perfectly with chocolate-covered pretzel ice cream. Their fun cones and rich and creamy ice cream are the perfect treat. 

Location: 153 N. Country Rd., Miller Place

Calling all Long Islanders, take that extra spin class so you lick your way from Nassau to Suffolk. There is a place for everyone with new sweet treats to try. Either after dinner or as a destination stop, add a trip to one of these places as a special treat. The search for the best ice cream is no longer a struggle.