Frankly, I don't care how long it's been since you've seen a Zoo Pals plate, you know that jingle by heart still, all these years later. If your memory is extra good, you might even remember the haunting fork and spoon that sing, "Zoo Pals make eating fun!"  However, as of today, Zoo Pals are no longer just a memory of the past like fishnet fingerless gloves and CD collections. Hefty announced that the fun-faced, nostalgia-inducing paper plates are officially back to be sold online at Amazon. You can revisit your childhood with Curly the Pig, Fritz the Frog, Kosmo the Cow, Baloo the Whale, Tina the Tiger, Speckles the Ladybug, Domino the Dalmation, Shelly the Turtle, Puddles the Duck, and Theo the Bear.

Photo via Hefty

Why are they bringing Zoo Pals back?

Look, I know the little ears or feet on these plates can't hold anything more than two little cheese puffs, but they're cute, and Hefty knew its consumers young and old loved these little ways to bring more fun to the dinner table. 

"Over the last nine years, we have received many calls, social media, and even petition requests from fans to bring back Zoo Pals and the wait is finally over," said Jen Ganahl, Senior Brand Manager at Reynolds Consumer Products in a press release. "With this re-launch, our original fans will be able to relive their fondest childhood memories as adults and we're excited to bring the joy of mealtime with Zoo Pals plates to the next generation."

People have wanted the Zoo Pals plates back for a long time

For an entire decade, fans of the plates have been begging Hefty to bring it back, going as far to make fan pages and accounts. In fact, one account on Twitter documented the history of Zoo Pals and one that campaigned to bring them back since 2019.

In fact, these internet sleuths cracked the code when it came to Hefty's comeback, closely following its trademark.

Honestly, I am both excited for these fans and for me! I need to feed myself and my Beanie Babies with these, for sure. You can grab your own pack right now.