We typically forget that at the end of the day, actors and actresses are normal people, just like us. They also get nervous, emotional or just want to have a good time, particularly when filming scenes. Although this is their work, many actors in the industry have admitted to taking the edge off with a little weed before filming. Here’s a list of just a few actors who were actually high on set.

Eminem in 8 Mile

actors

Although Eminem has been very open with his drug usage in his raps and now his movie, on set, the rapper would film for hours at a time, leaving him exhausted, yet he couldn’t sleep. This resulted in the use of Ambien on set in order to cope with the insomnia. Eminem soon began to seek other prescription drugs, leading to another heavy addiction.

Kevin Nealon And Justin Kirk in Weeds

actors

Photo courtesy of lionsgatepublicity.com

Of course, to film about weed-smoking-and-dealing parents, you’d pretty much expect the actors to light up. Nealon and Kirk have both admitted to smoking on set, however, only using the ol’ prop marijuana. This consisted of a mix of herbs and tobacco which, believe it or not, left Nealon and Kirk dizzy and light-headed, contributing to their on-sight acting skills.

The kids in Dazed and Confused

actors

Gif courtesy of rebloggy.com

This film revolves highly around marijuana, whether it be selling, smoking or simply the culture. Although many scenes show the actors and actresses lighting up, they are in fact not smoking real kush. BUT… “the cast does admit to being stoned in several scenes, particularly at the very end,” with their own good stuff, Linklater told Esquire.

Charlie Sheen in Two and a Half Men

actors

Photo courtesy of nyfa.edu

It’s now public knowledge that Sheen was fired from his work with Two and a Half Men due to his heavy drug use. Although he has never admitted (and constantly states) that he’s never used drugs or alcohol on set while filming, Sheen has had to hold onto furniture while filming scenes to fight exhaustion. It’s now believed that Sheen has been either hungover or coming down from a high while filming… and we all know about his crazy recreational use of drugs.

Seth Rogen in Zach and Miri Make a Porno

actors

Photo courtesy of tawarihur.xog.ir

Rogen often turns to marijuana for inspiration to write his hysterical movies. However, when Rogen starred in the movie Zack and Miri Make a Porno, he smoked an incredible amount of weed. Kevin Smith, the director of the movie, later stated that he was even “inspired” to start smoking after watching Rogen act under the influence.