Oreos are known as the world’s best-selling cookie and are sold in over 100 countries. But did you know these 10 facts about this twistable, lickable, dunkable, dreamable and essentially perfect cookie?

1. It was created March 6, 1912

Oreos

Photo courtesy of @Oreo on Instagram

Oreos were first manufactured at the Nabisco factory in New York City on March 6, 1912. Oreo released two flavors that year including original Oreos and a lemon meringue flavor, which was discontinued in 1920.

2. Double Stuffed is a lie

Oreos

Photo by William Wei

Double Stuffed Oreos are supposed to be double the filling, however, they only are 1.86 times bigger than regular Oreos. Mega Stuf cookies, known to have three times the filling, only have 2.68 times the creme in reality.

3. More than 123,000 tons of creme is made each year

Oreos

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Oreo bakeries make more than 123,000 tons of creme to fill their perfect cookies. Each original Oreo cookie is 29 percent creme and 71 percent cookie.

4. It takes 59 minutes to make an Oreo

Oreos

Photo courtesy of ibtimes.com

Each Oreo wafer is baked for exactly 290.6 seconds at a temperature of 400°F from above and 300°F from below.

5. More than 500 billion Oreo cookies have been sold

Oreos

Photo courtesy of pretoria.getitonline.co.za

Since 1912, nearly half a trillion Oreo cookies have been sold around the world. In 2011 alone, more than 35 billion were sold, and more than 10 billion of those were sold in the United States.

6. Enough Oreos have existed to wrap around the Earth 381 times

Oreos

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

If all of the Oreos ever manufactured in the world were stacked on top of each other, they would reach the moon and back more than five times.

7. They’re as addictive as cocaine

Oreos

Photo courtesy of bloomberg.com

A 2013 study suggests that the fats and sugars in Oreos make this cookie just as addictive as psychoactive drugs.

8. Each Oreo contains 90 ridges

Oreos

Photo courtesy of indyweek.com

Every Oreo cookie contains 90 ridges, 12 flowers, 12 dashes, and 12 dots.

9. The origin of the name is a mystery

Oreos

Photo courtesy of wesharepics.info

No one knows why the famous cookie is named Oreo. Some say it’s because it’s easy to remember, however, others debate it was named after the origin of the word “Oreo” from the French word for “gold” or the Greek word for “beautiful.”

10. National Oreo Day is on March 6

Oreos

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

Celebrate National Oreo Day on March 6 to honor the birthday of the world’s favorite cookie.