Your wedding (or birthday) cake doesn’t have to be plain and traditional anymore. Instead, you can go another route and base it off your favorite Disney film without it being too obvious (and if it is, who cares?). These cakes will get your brain going with creative, beautiful and tasteful wedding cakes while planning your special day.

Cinderella

The first Cinderella-inspired wedding cake has outstanding floral work and features the two blue birds that help Cinderella get ready in the morning.

Disney

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

This second cake is based off of the pumpkin-shaped carriage Cinderella rides in to get to the ball, with fondant that looks like cloth from her dress draping down each tier.

Disney

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Rapunzel

This cake is inspired by Rapunzel’s tower. The inspiration is very subtle, but the purple bloom that curls along the side of the tiers is a nod to Rapunzel’s purple dress and also represents her long hair winding down to the ground.

Disney

Photo by The Mischief Maker

Alice in Wonderland

This not-so-subtle Alice in Wonderland wedding cake is quirky just like the film. The tiers are not stacked straight but are tilted to give the perfect balance of elegance and quirkiness.

Disney

Photo courtesy of @bibbidi_bobbidi_bride on Instagram

Aladdin

The bride and groom can always decide what Disney couple represents them and incorporate that comparison into a beautiful wedding cake for every guest to admire.

Disney

Up

This upside down wedding cake shows that this newly married couple is ready to set off on their very own adventure, grow old together, and live happily ever after.

Disney

Photo courtesy of @ras25wedding on Instagram

Frozen

The designs on these cakes are subtle, but we can all tell the inspiration comes from the film Frozen. This cake is perfect for a winter wedding with the blue swirls and the white snowflakes.

Disney

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Disney

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Beauty and the Beast

These three beautiful wedding cakes all represent a different aspect of the film Beauty and the Beast. The first is designed based upon the stain-glass windows we see in the opening scene of the film, complimented with beautiful red roses since a red rose is a primary symbol of the movie.

Disney

Photo by The Mischief Maker

The second cake features the colors of Belle’s and Beast’s clothes, and they are draped down the square tiers so that it looks like cloth is hanging off the edge of the cake.

Disney

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

The third cake captures the main essence of the story: the flower is showing Beast how much time he has left before he is cursed forever. Belle is the one who is able to break the spell, making it an incredible love story to show off on a wedding cake.

Disney

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Sleeping Beauty

This creative wedding cake is identical to Aurora’s birthday cake that her three god-fairies attempted to make. Though clumsy, it is definitely different than your average wedding cake.

Disney

Photo by The Mischief Maker

Robin Hood

Much like the Aladdin-inspired cake, this cake is simply based off the atmosphere of the film Robin Hood, and the couple who is featured in it.

Disney

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Cinderella’s Castle

This is probably the main inspiration for all wedding cakes. Cinderella’s castle signifies a happily ever after for all newly weds.

Disney

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Disney

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Disney

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Disney

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Disney

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Disney

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Disney

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com