Ole Miss is more than just amazing tailgating and school pride. Although not much else matters, if we're being honest.  Oxford is also home to some of the best places to eat and drink that you'll ever have the pleasure of experiencing. 

So, now your question is: "how can I possibly know which place is the best for me when there are so many options?" 

The answer: That's why I'm here. I'm here to present you with the ultimate eating and drinking guide for Ole Miss students. 

1. When you're trying to avoid the freshman 15: Greenline 

spinach, vegetable, herb, basil, salad, malabar spinach, lettuce
Photo courtesy of @Greenline on Facebook

If you're looking for a place that is healthy, delicious, and affordable, Greenline is your one stop shop. Greenline opened on The Square last October and added a nice edition to Oxford's food scene. Bonus: Landshark Delivery will pick up Greenline and bring it to you. 

What to Order: Greenline's Steakhouse Signature Salad is my favorite thing on the menu. The Steakhouse Salad is a mixture of chopped romaine, grilled steak, carrots, tomatoes, and homemade croutons. On the menu, they suggest you pair it with their Blue Cheese dressing. However, I enjoy it the most with their Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette. If you like a little sweet with your healthy, then you have to try the sweet tea. It's to die for. 

Location: 1002 Van Buren Ave., Oxford, MS 38655 (On The Square next to South Depot)

2. When you need something to satisfy your sweet tooth: Holli's Sweet Tooth

candy, chocolate, sweet, cake
Photo courtesy of @Holli's Sweet Tooth on Facebook

Holli's is my new favorite place in Oxford. Holli's has more sweets then I could ever have imagined. They have more than 300 types of candy to choose from. They also offer items from Sugaree's Bakery and have ice cream with daily specials. The atmosphere inside is so much fun. Holli's is the perfect place to take a break from your stressful college life and be a kid again. 

What to order: My favorite from Holli's is definitely a classic Coke Float (which happens to be only $2.50 on Float Fridays).  

Location: 265 North Lamar, Oxford, MS 38655 (On The Square near High Point Coffee)

3. When you need somewhere to study because the library is full: High Point Coffee

coffee, espresso, cappuccino, milk
Photo courtesy of @High Point Coffee on Facebook

It's no secret that Oxford isn't in short supply of places to get coffee. High Point is my perfect place to settle in for a night of studying or just doing homework.  

What to order: Their Raspberry Mocha is a personal favorite. It's actually happiness in a cup that will help you through the misery that is finals week. 

Locations: 2311 Jackson Ave W # 301, Oxford, MS 38655 (On West Jackson Ave.) or 265 North Lamar Blvd., Oxford, MS 38655 (On The Square)

4. When you're craving a slice: Dodo Pizza 

pizza, cheese
Photo courtesy of @Dodo Pizza on Facebook

Dodo Pizza has seven principles that go into making their pizza so good: fork out (buy food that's actually made from food), avoid chemicals (no preservatives), don't freeze, focus on classics, be transparent, keep it simple, and remain human. They offer only seven types of pizza that come in one size, but their ingredient quality truly makes the lack of choices worth it. Oh, and they deliver. 

What to Order: You can't go wrong with a classic pepperoni pizza.  However, I have never had anything from Dodo Pizza that was less than spectacular. 

Location: 614 Jackson E. Oxford, MS 38655 

5. When you're going on a Tinder date: Cups

coffee, tea, espresso, cappuccino, milk
Photo courtesy of @Cups an Expresso Cafe on Facebook  

When it comes to meeting a Tinder date for the first time, we're all just hoping that we don't wind up in someone's trunk. So, meeting is public is a must. Another tip is to not commit to an entire meal. Coffee is quick and casual and if the person sucks or is just plain sketchy, you can bail easily. You should just stick to making sure the other person is sane and normal over a cup of coffee at Cups. 

What to order: Try the Blondie Latte. It's caramel and Ghirardelli chocolate in a heavenly combination with Cups' expresso and textured milk. If coffee isn't your thing, try their Strawberry Spritzer. 

Location: 1501 Jackson Avenue W. Suite 103, Oxford, MS 38655

6. When you're celebrating your 21st: The Square

beer
Photo courtesy of @Funkys on Facebook. 

It's impossible to pick one bar for a night out when there are so many in one place.  You can spend the night exploring a few or picking one and just hanging out there. Some of these options include: The Blind Pig, Funkys, Rooster's Blues House,  Round Table, The Levee, and Rowdy Rebs, to name a few.

What to order: You can't go wrong with the Blue Raspberry Daiquiri at Funkys. 

Location: The Square is located in downtown Oxford.   

7. When you need to sober up: 4 Corners Chevron 

chicken, meat
Photo courtesy of @4 Corners Chevron on Facebook

Okay, some of you may be a little skeptical about getting fried chicken from a gas station, but it's the best chicken on a stick in town. In fact, that's what they're famous for. The chicken on a stick is simply two juicy, long tenders skewered on a stick. If you're like me, chicken just isn't the same without honey mustard, so I recommend it. This is definitely a delicious way to sober up. 

What to Order: If you didn't figure it out, I highly recommend the chicken on a stick.  

Location: 502 S Lamar Blvd, Oxford, MS 38655

8. When you're looking for a place to brunch with your best friend: Bottletree Bakery

pizza, cheese, pepperoni, bacon, sausage
Photo courtesy of @Bottletree Bakery on Facebook

I could get brunch at Bottletree every day and be 100% okay with it. The atmosphere is so cute, and it's the perfect place to catch up with your best friend on Saturday morning when you've gone the week without seeing each other. 

What to Order: A personal favorite is the chocolate croissant or the turkey and cheddar croissant, depending on the day. 

Location: 923 Van Buren Ave, Oxford, MS 38655 (Also, on The Square) 

9. When your parents are in town and footing the bill: Oxford Grillehouse

cream, cheese
Photo courtesy of @Oxford Grillehouse on Facebook

The food is delicious. The service is spectacular. The only catch is that I'm a college student that spends most nights eating ramen noodles in my apartment. So, I choose Oxford Grillehouse as the go to place to catch up with the fam. 

What to Order: The signature ribeye, which comes with two sides, is always a good choice. However, you really can't go wrong with anything. 

Location: 114 Courthouse Sq Suite A, Oxford, MS 38655 (Also, you guessed it, on The Square)