Pistachio cream, also known as pistachio butter, is absolutely delicious. I’m not kidding when I say it’s the next Nutella. It’s a little pricey now, considering the best kinds are imported from Italy, where it originated. It’s so worth it though.

Potentially one of the most versatile nut butters I’ve seen, it satisfies both the savory and sweet tooth at the same time. I stumbled upon this video from INSIDER Food, and honestly I watch it on repeat when I’m feeling sad. It’s so mouthwateringly good.

pistachio cream

Photo by Annie Vela

So, after seeing that video, what did I do? I bought it. I found it in the local Nugget grocery store, and I regret nothing except engulfing the jar in 2 days (oops). How did I eat a jar of pistachio butter in two days? Easily, because you can put it on everything.

pistachios

Photo courtesy of @fulldemon

I see its main purpose as a spread: on toast, crepes, fruit, french toast, your tongue, whatever you want. That’s not its only use though. Can you imagine biting into a cream puff filled with pistachio butter? I can, because I’m salivating right now.

Maybe a cake filling, a cupcake frosting, a brownie swirl, or pistachio butter brownies (definitely know what  I’m doing right after finishing this). The easiest option, and my personal favorite, is to use it as an addition to breakfast by spreading it on a piece of toast.

#SpoonTip: If you microwave the pistachio cream for about 10-20 seconds in short bursts, it becomes extra melty and easier to spread, making it the perfect consistency for slathering on crepes.

pistachio cream

Photo by Annie Vela

Just try it, you know you want to. Unless you’re allergic to pistachios, in which case I am so, so sorry for your loss, and I promise to eat your share of it in your honor.