Navigating the field of flavored protein bars can be tough. It's hard enough to tell which ones are actually good for you and the fact that there are so many to choose from can make it totally overwhelming. RXBARs are one of the newer brands of protein bars on the market, offering a low ingredient list that is gluten free and contains no added sugar. 

To help make your shopping trip just a tad bit easier, here's the unofficial ranking of the best and worst flavors of these new protein bars.  

BEST:

1. Coconut Chocolate

Coming in first place is Coconut Chocolate. This bar is absolutely delicious, mainly because it combines two widely appreciated flavors: coconut and chocolate. The base is coconut and contains chunks of chocolate, pairing perfectly for coconuty, chocolately bliss.

2. Chocolate Sea Salt

Two words: absolute genius. It is the perfect mix of sweet and salty, and it's deliciously rich. It's hard to believe this thing packs 12 grams of protein and is sweetened by dates alone. Kudos to RXBAR for creating a healthy protein bar that could pass as a chocolate bar.

3. Blueberry

And, last, but not least, is blueberry. Fruit flavors are definitely hard to pin down, but this bar has a delicious mix of blueberry flavor and nutty crunch. Tastes a bit like morning oats — super yummy.

WORST:

3. Apple Cinnamon 

I decided to go in descending order this time to show the progression from bad to worse. Apple Cinnamon comes in third. It isn't horrible, but it also tastes a bit too similar to the Nutrigrain bars we all were forced to eat as a kid (sorry, Nutrigrain lovers). Not my cup of tea.

2. Pumpkin Spice

Okay, I get that everyone has an obsession with pumpkin spice, but this is just ridiculous. In no world does a protein bar need to be Pumpkin Spice flavored — it's just not a thing. No wonder they're advertising 20% off ('cause no one wants it).

1. Maple Sea Salt

And, Maple Sea Salt takes the cake for the absolute worst RXBAR flavor. I'm sorry, but this flavor is just horrible. It tastes like those maple air fresheners you put in your car to make it smell good — only it's doughy and dry. You can take a hard pass on this one.

Hope you guys enjoyed this little RXBAR guide to good and bad. And, by all means, don't take my absolute word for it. Try them all on your own, and decide for yourself which ones you think are the best and the worst.