Well, summer’s here. And we all know what that means.
Now we can all pretend that the #healthy lifestyle is great, but then we remember that cupcakes taste good. And so does pizza. And ice cream. So sometimes we lapse from our summer body diets, and who better to describe that struggle than the cast of Scandal.
1. Initial excitement
Eating vegetables for breakfast, lunch, and dinner can’t be that bad, right?
2. Followed by a little bit of fear…
Wait, I can’t have cookies anymore?!?
3. And denial…
What do you mean pasta has too many carbs?!?
4. But you keep committed no matter what
I can do this. I CAN do this. I CAN DO this. I CAN DO THIS.
5. Then your friends eat your favorite pizza in front of you
That cheese is staring me in the face, saying “eat me, eat me!”
6. Okay, one bite won’t hurt…
I mean, cheese has protein, right? And tomatoes are a
vegetable fruit, right?
7. And somehow that one slice turns into the whole pie
Okay, maybe not the whole pie, but four slices of pizza is pretty excessive.
8. You’ve decided that all unhealthy foods are evil
Sugar might as well be called Satan.
9. Next Day: You Will Get that Bod
Today I’m going to start fresh. Maybe have a green juice for breakfast.
10. You try to turn un-healthy things healthy
Healthy ice cream? Sounds like a magical gift from the heavens.
11. And try to tell yourself that it tastes the same
Yeah, these frozen bananas totally taste like creamy ice cream!
12. After your super hard workout, you’ve decided you hate burpees
Seriously, I can’t move my legs.
13. So you treat yo’ self as a reward
A few Oreos won’t hurt anybody.
14. Slowly but surely, you realize this isn’t so hard after all
This healthy life is totally doable. I’ll probably be the next Kayla Itsines.
15. You start to see those results you’ve been waiting for
Is that…an ab?
16. So it’s time to show it off
Oh yeah, strut it, strut it.
17. Until you realize that it’s a never ending cycle
It’s all about balance, right? Bring out the fruits, bring out the carbs.