Taco Bell has been amazing customers with their cheap Tex-Mex since 1962, staying true to the "Think Outside the Bun" motto with lots of unique, Mexican food-inspired creations. It's a craving that we often try to ignore because yes, it is fast food, but sometimes Taco Bell is the only answer that makes sense when both your stomach and your wallet are empty. Plus, it's actually one of the healthier options in the world of food-to-go.

Lots of Taco Bell items get hype from the food chain's loyal customers, social media, and their own advertising. The hype is intense—so intense that there probably isn't a single human in existence who doesn't know what a Doritos Locos Taco is. Every month or so, new items are added to the menu and receive just as much appreciation. Here are the six best Taco Bell menu items that definitely deserve the love they're given.

1. Beefy 5-Layer Burrito

This classic is so important, it has its own Instagram page. For only $1.69, you can treat yourself to warm, cheesy goodness, ground beef, beans, and sour cream all wrapped in a tortilla. 

2. Power Menu Bowl

If you're looking for a healthier fast food option, the Power Menu Bowl is the ultimate Chipotle knock-off. You can choose beef, chicken, or veggies for any Power Menu item and mix it with black beans, rice, and all the extra toppings you want.  

3. Breakfast Crunchwrap

For the perfect mix of breakfast and Tex-Mex, try the Breakfast Crunchwrap. It's stuffed with scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese, and there's a "California" version that adds a hashbrown, guacamole, and pico de gallo.

4. Quesarito

This item is just what the name says—a burrito made twice as delicious with the magic of queso. This can be ordered with chicken, steak, or ground beef, plus your choice of rice, beans, and other toppings. Basically, this is the Beefy 5-Layer Burrito's older, prettier cousin.

5. Black Beans and Rice (Plus Other Vegan/Vegetarian Options)

Taco Bell is one of the few fast food chains that offers a full vegan/vegetarian menu—hooray! Among these items are black beans and rice (in bowl, burrito, and taco forms), the fiesta veggie salad, veggie Power Bowl items, and yummy, animal product-free desserts. 

6. Doritos Locos Tacos

The most important item of all has to make the list, obviously. Whether your favorite is Nacho Cheese, Cool Ranch, or the Fiery Doritos Locos Tacos, the burst of crunchy uniqueness in each bite makes these the ultimate classic and most deservedly hyped food from Taco Bell.

Of course, only you can truly decide if these Taco Bell classics live up to the fame. Check them out next time the Tex-Mex craving hits!