I’m convinced that when Game of Thrones speaks of the night that is “dark and full of terrors,” they’re talking about post-grad life. You’re expected to wake up (and go to bed) earlier, drink less, actually go to work (no skipping allowed), eat “healthier” and perhaps scariest of all: get married.

Any college graduate who’s ever scrolled through their Facebook feed knows what I’m talking about. Adorably curated photo after photo crops up to exclaim “We’re engaged!” and when you check your mailbox, wedding invitations are starting to outnumber your Bed Bath and Beyond coupons. Talk about dark and terrifying.

After graduation, I wound up working for Borrowed & Bluea locally-focused online wedding resource that gives couples a smarter way to plan their wedding, and I’ve since become intimately acquainted with the wedding world. My experience gives me the authority to impart the silver lining of post-grad life: going to weddings as a young, single post-graduate is awesome

The list is surely longer than 5, but for now here are some of the top reasons why it’s great being single at all of your married friends’ weddings:

1. The Meal

married

Photo courtesy of Sarah Maren Photography

Ever heard anyone say that they were so busy talking to all of their guests, they didn’t get a chance to eat at their own wedding? Turns out that it’s true more often than not. That’s never the case for a single guest with nobody else to entertain. You can expect to gorge on delicious, mouthwatering plates. And nobody can give you a look for “eating like you did in college” because you’re at a wedding and it’s an occasion to celebrate. Did anyone say “buffet?”

2. The Booze

married

Photo courtesy of Chloe Jackman Photography

Get ready to drink like you did back in the day because taking advantage of the open bar at weddings comes with the territory. And if your friend happens to be hosting a dry wedding? Well, you could always sneak your own in.

3. The Cake

married

Photo courtesy of Memorable Moments Photogrpahy

Wedding desserts are an event in and of themselves. Even if you’ve got buffet plates already stacked high enough to block the view of the gushy couple sitting across from you, there’s always room for cake. Or cupcakes or donuts or whatever other sweets they’re serving up, because get this: wedding desserts are starting to get crazy inventive. Single sweet tooths, rejoice.

4. The Favors

married

Photo courtesy of Jazi Photo

Wedding favors are the cherry on top of eating and drinking at your friend’s wedding for free. And wedding favors today have happily taken a turn for the edible. Not only can you expect to stuff your face while there, but there’s also a good chance you’ll be taking home a sweet or savory bite to stock your pantry until your next Costco run.

#SpoonTip: Grab extra favors from couples who are busy on the dance floor—they’ll never miss them.

5. The After Party

married

Photo courtesy of Cathy Stancil Photography

Weddings are essentially massive parties, and like all parties, the after party is the best part. While the new couple will inevitably run off before long to go do whatever married couples do, the rest of you get to keep the party going late into the night—often with “midnight snacks,” food trucks, or other small bites to keep wedding guests full even after dessert. Drinking, dancing and late night drunchies? Ah, feels just like college.

So the next time you’re invited to your friends wedding, rejoice at the delicious fun you’re bound to have. It turns out that post-grad life isn’t so bad after all.