Texas. Brunch. Ultimate brunch in Texas. This statment is perfect in the sense that it combines two equally amazing things into one package: brunch’s syrupy, buttery, and hangover-curing goodness goes along perfectly with Texas’s cowboy-loving, fried food, and larger-than-life wonderfulness.

“Brunching” has become the new fad among millennials across the world. Whether it’s to cure a wicked hangover, sip on a mimosa, snack on an acai bowl, or try out a super stack of pancakes, finding the ultimate brunch is a weekend tradition. Being a foodie and fellow Texan, I decided it was time to scope out the 25 best places to grab brunch in the great state of Texas (warning: this article may produce uncontrollable cravings).

1. Tiny Boxwoods — Houston

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of @tinyboxwoods on Instagram

Tiny Boxwoods provides that air of sophistication you look for in a weekend brunch, and is a nice escape from the wild Houston atmosphere. Try their egg and avocado for a refreshing, light meal. Don’t forget to order a famous mimosa as well.

2. Crave Kitchen and Bar — El Paso

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of @cravekitchenandbar on Instagram

Healthy meals that taste like home? Yes, please. Crave Kitchen and Bar has 3 locations in El Paso, all of which offer customer favorites like the sweet and salty Monty Cristo sandwich, or the Nutella-stuffed French toast.

3. Oddfellows — Dallas

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of @oddfellows on Instagram

Anyone looking for a go-to Instagram post should check out Oddfellows for a rustic and hip vibe. Located in the quirky Bishops Art District, you can chow down on dishes like chicken and waffles or their Buffalo Mac. Don’t forget to try one of their great coffees as well.

4. Magnolia Pancake Haus — San Antonio

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of Magnolia Pancake House on Facebook

As seen on Diners, Drive-Ins and Divesthis old-timey pancake house offers homemade pancakes made with fresh ingredients. Try the traditional and tasty buttermilk pancakes, as well as their peach and pecan waffles.

5. Snooze — Austin

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of @snoozemeatery on Instagram

You know what they say: you snooze you lose. Really you just lose by missing out on one of the phenomenal brunches found at Snooze. Hailing from Denver, Snooze provides fresh meals in the morning like their quinoa porridge, Bella Benny, and Snooze breakfast burrito.

6. Brewed — Fort Worth

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of @brewedfw on Instagram

A Fort Worth favorite, Brewed is the hot coffee spot, as well as weekend brunch location. The trick is to get there early, because you’re sure to have an hour-long wait if not. Try out their version of the Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit, made with a local provolone cheese and applewood-smoked bacon for a good ol’ Southern favorite.

7. Farley Girls Cafe — Galveston

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of Farley Girls on yelp.com

Located in Galveston, Farley Girls Cafe is the perfect place to grab brunch before heading off to the “beach.” They provide delicious, fresh food like the Hangover Helper and breakfast tacos, as well as a breakfast pizza, which gives you an excellent excuse to eat pizza in the morning.

8. Olivia — Austin

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of Olivia on Facebook

A tasty farm-to-table restaurant located in hip Austin, Olivia offers hearty and tasty brunches that are made with only the freshest ingredients. Popular items are the fresh steak and locally grown eggs, as well as the South Austin omelette.

9. True Foods — Dallas, Austin, Houston

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of @true_food_kitchen on Instagram

True Foods, which is my personal favorite out of all the brunch places, is the go-to spot for anyone who is on a gluten-free, vegan/vegetarian, or paleo diet. True Foods fuels the body by providing tasty and healthy meals like the Quinoa Johnny Cakes or the Garden Scramble.

10. Benjy’s — Houston

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of @benjys_houston on Instagram

Benjy’s, a hip and tasty restaurant, offers creative dishes that satisfy your mid-morning cravings and will even cure your hangover. Customer favorites include the crème brûlée French toast and slow roasted brisket, which is basically the recipe for an ultimate brunch.

11. Café Modern — Fort Worth

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy Cafe Modern on of yelp.com

If you’re in the city of Fort Worth and are looking for a fun-filled Saturday, grab brunch at Café Modern then continue on to the Museum of Modern Art. I recommend the creamy and warm eggs Benedict or any of the sweet homemade waffles.

12. Ocho — San Antonio

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of Ochos on yelp.com

Ocho is a chic Latin-inspired brunch spot with a modern, trendy environment. Located in the Hotel Havana, you can grab tasty meals like the sweet plantain griddle cakes or maybe the queso-stuffed omelette.

13. The Grape — Dallas

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of The Grape on Yelp.com

If you feel like treating yourself to one of the “Best Brunches” in Dallas, make a stop at The Grape. Tasty items to try include the cheesy polenta fries for the table or the Breakfast-On-A-Bun sandwich.

14. 24 Diner — Austin

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of @24dineratx on Instagram

24 Diner is one of many wonderful places to eat in Austin, but it was also named one of the 23 best diners in the US. Plus, their chicken and waffles are loved by many. Talk about a winning restaurant.

15. Gunther House — San Antonio

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of The Guenter House on Facebook

This cozy and delicious restaurant has been around since the 1920s and provides travelers and locals a tasty, homestyle breakfast. You can’t go wrong with their award-winning buttermilk pancakes or fluffy biscuits. As a matter of fact, you’ll like them enough to buy the batter they sell in house.

16. The Breakfast Klub — Houston

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of The Breakfast Klub on Facebook

A Houston classic, The Breakfast Klub has been around for a while and still has lines out the door every morning. No wonder it made the 50 Best Things to Eat in Houston Before You Die list. You can’t go wrong with the chicken and waffles but the shrimp and grits are great as well.

17. Atomic Omelette — Corpus Christi

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of Atomic Omelette on Facebook

Omelettes and more omelettes, it is what it is. Atomic Omelette serves up a great breakfast to fuel yourself for a day at the beach, and if you’re not in the mood for a savory brunch, give their Hawaiian French toast a try.

18. HG Sply Co. — Dallas

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of @officialhgsplyco on Instagram

Anyone looking for a relaxing and hospitable brunch should make a stop at HGSply. They provide the southern charm as well as tasty food like their breakfast tacos or sausage frittatas.

19. Little Red Wasp — Fort Worth

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of @littleredwasp on Instagram

When in Fort Worth, it’s hard not to hear about Little Red Wasp, and their ultimate brunches and dinners. Brunch items include their mouth-watering French toast and short rib Benedict with home fries.

20. Ripe Eatery — El Paso

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of Ripe Eatery on Facebook

With a brunch menu that could basically be a book, you’ll be sure to find something to make your rumbling tummy full and happy at Ripe Eatery. Some of the many options include a salmon and egg flatbread or the Monkey Cake Pancakes.

21. Hillside Farmacy — Austin

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of Hillside Pharmacy on Facebook

Hillside Farmacy is a local favorite in Austin, which says a lot considering it’s one of the biggest cities in Texas. Locally-sourced food makes for amazing dishes like their grits and breakfast ham steak, or the Grapefruit Brûlée.

22. Hubbell and Hudson — The Woodlands

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of @hubbell_hudson on Instagram

Hubbel and Hudson is located in the Woodlands right outside of Houston. It has multiple tasty brunch items like the corned beef omelette and jerk chicken club.

23. Las Canarias — San Antonio

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of Las Canarias on yelp.com

One of the best brunches in the whole state, this crazy good buffet is located in the Omni Hotel and allows you to eat to your heart’s content. Try their chilaquiles or huevos rancheros, and you’ll feel like you’re on a beach in Mexico.

24. Ruggles Green — Houston

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of Ruggles Green on Facebook

Ruggles is fresh, tasty, and satisfies all. Their lemon and poppy seed pancakes are light and fluffy, as well as gluten-free, and their breakfast pizzas are to die for.

25. Hrsuka’s — Ellinger

brunch in texas

Photo courtesy of Hruska’s on Facebook

Okay, this isn’t technically brunch, but who says 4 or 5 kolaches can’t count as a meal? You have to stop at Hrsuka’s Kolache Bakery to try one of their traditional German kolaches. I recommend the cream cheese and cherry or the jalapeño and cheese.