What happens when an animal lover meets a food lover? You get animals with adorable food-based names. I compiled a list of the cutest food inspired pet names and the kind of personalities that accompany these names. 

1. Bean

Bean is the perfect name for a little sporty pet who thinks he's bigger than he really is. He'll be by your side for all of your outdoorsy adventures. 

2. Pumpkin

Pumpkin's favorite past time is taking naps in odd places, but when she isn't napping you can find her trying to sneak snacks out of the cabinet. 

3. Pepper

Pepper is a nature-loving pet who loves nothing more than a long day spent bounding outside, chasing animals and meeting new people.

4. Sprout 

Sprout is the kind of pet who always remains a baby at heart no matter how old he gets. This means he may get in some trouble from time to time, but he always makes up for it with his cuteness. 

5. Olive

Olive is the kind of pet that doesn't know she's a pet. She's fiercely independent and will pretend like she owns the place, but don't let her attitude fool you. She secretly loves when you chase her down to cuddle her. 

6. Honey

Honey is as sweet as her name sounds. She loves being by your side and will cover you in licks any chance that she gets. 

7. Peanut

Peanut is your perfect little pint-sized pet with an endless stomach. He'd do any trick for a snack and loves to lurk around the kitchen, scouting out scraps. 

8. Chai

Chai is the perfect title for your shy, sweet pet who loves nothing more than quiet Sunday mornings spent curled up on your lap. 

9. Kobe 

Kobe is a great name for your protector pet. He's always looking out for his family and puts up a tough front against strangers, but he secretly has a soft spot for kids.

10. Cheddar

Cheddar is the perfect name for your fun loving pet who loves spending time outside. He's always ready for an adventure and a nice cuddle. 

11. Waffles

Waffles is a sneaky pet who loves playing hide-and-seek without letting you know. Some of her favorite places to hide are the bathroom sink and the space between the couch and the wall. 

12. Cocoa

Cocoa is the sweetest and most supportive pet that there is. He'll be your shoulder to cry on and your biggest cheerleader. 

13. Kiwi

Kiwi's favorite holiday is Halloween because she always loves to dress up. You can find her wearing cute fuzzy hats in the winter and cute tee shirts in the summer. 

14. Basil 

Basil is a super social pet who loves meeting new people. Whenever someone comes over, he'll be the first one to greet them at the door. 

15. Peach 

Peach is the kind of pet that enjoys the finer things in life, like gourmet pet food and bedazzled colors. You can find her on any given day curled up in her fluffy bed, looking down upon her loyal owner (subject). 

I hope you found this list helpful and choose one of these food based names for your next pet!