It’s Sunday and you’ve been waiting for this moment all week. Finally, you can unwind with a Mimosa or Bloody Mary (or both, I won’t judge) in hand, an array of food in front of you, and your squad around the table. This goes for brunch anywhere, but let’s be honest, brunch is a whole different ball game in New York City.
1. Putting together that perfect brunchin’ outfit
Because brunch is an occasion, and showing up dressed like Blair Waldorf is necessary.
2. Trying to narrow down your choices to decide on a spot
It is New York City, one of the biggest cities in the world, so preliminary research is essential to making sure you don’t waste time walking around aimlessly. That time could be time spent eating.
3. Getting to ‘Sarabeth’s,’ the ultimate place to brunch, and seeing a mile-long line
*sigh* It was just featured on the Real Housewives of New York City, so maybe get a pre-brunch meal to wait in line with.
4. Trekking to Brooklyn instead and seeing another long wait at ‘egg’
You know it’s promising when the restaurant name isn’t capitalized and it’s in Brooklyn, but these lines cannot be serious.
5. Staying anyway, because you’re worth it
You won’t let any line keep you away from $12 pancakes.
6. Turning around to talk to your friend, and someone dares to cut in front of you
And here you were thinking you would avoid this nonsense in the hipster paradise that is Brooklyn.
7. Deciding you’re not in the mood for that and heading to SoHo to go to ‘Jack’s Wife Freda’
This place is basically featured on every Instagram in the city, so it’s already on your radar.
8. FINDING ANOTHER LINE
It’s fine, I’m fine, everything’s fine.
9. Committing to the wait because you’re past the point of hangry and the menu is on point
Orange blossom pancakes, duck prosciutto, and house cured bacon? Worth it.
10. Deciding between an authentic Mediterranean dish or the classic Eggs Benny
You vote to not spend your life savings on everything on the menu, and your forced to choose between these mouthwatering dishes.
11. Going for the classic because your basic and okay with it
Saying no to Eggs Benedict just feels criminal.
12. Sitting back with your latte and brunch in front of you
Food on the table, coffee in your system, and your friends beside you equals happiness you wish you could bottle up and carry with you.
13. Realizing it was all worth it because nothing compares to brunch in New York City
TSwiz is all of us, and she knows what it’s like to leave the house and venture to a restaurant between the hours of 11am and 2pm. After all, brunch is basically an Olympic sport in the concrete jungle, but with endless options and five boroughs to choose from, it’s easily the best time of the week.