Food is life, and I am not the first one to say it. Instead of connecting in front of the television screen, restaurants are the calling ground for friends and families alike. Being in college, however, presents a problem. Restaurants cost money, and as a young adult, one either works to pay for school or has no time to work at all. Dining on a budget can be hard, so what did I do? I made a list of the best deals to make life a little easier.

Countless casual dining restaurant chains like Applebee's, Olive Garden, and Chili's understand the struggle. Through an analysis targeting variety and price, my tastebuds and I agreed on a list of restaurant chains with the 10 best deals that are sure to impress you and your wallet.

So, with that, here are the 10 best deals at casual dining restaurant chains.

10. Olive Garden's Unlimited Soup, Salad, and Breadsticks

To start off a list like this, one has to go back to the traditional Olive Garden unlimited soup, salad, and breadsticks. The breadsticks, perfectly coated in butter and garlic sauce, and the unlimited hot soup or Italian salad, are one of the best combinations at any restaurant. One could even argue that a full meal of salad and breadsticks is better than anything else on the menu. Plus, at only $6.99, you can't find anything much cheaper.

9. BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse's Movie and a Meal and Half-Off Pizza Mondays 

While this may not be the best deal on the list, it's still pretty awesome. For around $20, you can get a delicious meal and watch a good movie. Go out on a Monday night to order a half-off, large deep dish pizza and get a discounted movie ticket, too. It's perfect for a college student trying to get out for a whole night and not break the bank.

8. PF Chang's $6 Happy Hour 

Everybody knows and loves PF Chang's, but fans may not be aware of their bargain happy hour deals. Happy Hour, which runs Monday through Friday from 3-6 pm, gives people a wide variety of food and drink options. The best part? Each option is $6 or less, meaning a little weeknight fun doesn't come at the price of breaking the bank. 

7. Buffalo Wild Wings' Wing Tuesdays

No diner ever enters Buffalo Wild Wings with the expectation that they will be hungry afterwards. Buffalo Wild Wings is already fairly inexpensive and seemingly limitless options provide students with choices that are both kind to the checking account and good to the stomach. But to make those choices even more wallet-friendly, all traditional wings are half off on Tuesdays. I will say that again: all traditional wings are half off. Could it get much better than that?

6. Chili's Dinner for 2 for $22

Much like Applebee's 2 for $20 (see #4), Chili's "Dinner for 2" allows two diners to choose an appetizer and a full-sized entrée for only 22 bucks. This is perfect for those who do not like Applebee's — or those who love Chili's (guilty as charged). It may not be Chili's best deal, but it's good enough to make it on the list twice (see #1).

5. Red Lobster's Unlimited Cheddar Bay Biscuits and Endless Shrimp for $15.99

Grab your closest friends and head to the nearest Red Lobster, because for only $15.99 you can get Red Lobster's incredible endless shrimp with sides. Even better, get unlimited fresh baked cheddar biscuits with any entrée. Don't have a Red Lobster near you? Try making those infamous cheddar biscuits yourself.

4. Applebee's 2 for $20 

Applebee's is known for its delicious food and semi-upscale decor. However, it's also known for being a little pricey. Never fear, Applebee's 2 for $20 allows you to get two salads or an appetizer, as well as two main meals with sides. Try the spinach dip and macaroni and cheese with honey pepper chicken tenders or a Caesar salad and the shrimp stir-fry. A full stomach and a full wallet — what could be better?

3. Domino's Choose 2 for $5.99 Each

While not the fanciest restaurant on the list, and still technically fast food, Domino's "Choose 2" for $5.99 each is really too good to not include on the list. Instead of ordering that large pizza and having someone unsatisfied with the toppings, choose two. Yes, your bank account will be just as satisfied as you.

2. Outback Steakhouse's Walkabout Wednesdays for $9.99

Outback Steakhouse is the go-to place for steak. Better yet, Walkabout Wednesdays includes a drink with your meal (choose steak or chicken and fries) for only $9.99. That's about the same price as a full meal at a fast food restaurant, but it's for a plate that is higher quality, tastes better, and has more food. What's not to love?

1. Chili's Three for Me $10 Meals

Chili's makes it on the list twice because its good deals are endless. The title says it all: Three for Me, for only 10 bucks. Many college students despise sharing even the smallest bits of food because those minds need brain power and those stomachs need filling, but with Chili's "Three for Me" you will never have to share again. This awesome deal tops the list because an appetizer, entrée, and dessert is just $10, making it truly the best deal around. 

While these are 10 of the best deals, there are plenty of other deals right under your nose — it just takes a search or two. Eating out can be expensive, but this list proves that your dinner does not have to break the bank because, yes, it is possible to have a good meal and save money.