October 23rd is quickly approaching, but you can't seem to shake that nervous feeling you get when you think about the new season of The Walking Dead. Do your palms get sweaty? Your vision blurry? And you're just not sure you can imagine a world without Daryl, Glenn, and Michonne? Heck, you're not even sure you'll be able to handle the season premiere!

Well don’t worry, you not the only one. Last season's finale was incredibly intense. It left me and just about every Walking Dead fan out there ugly crying like Kim Kardashian.

I mean we were left totally hanging wondering which one of our beloved characters—no, friends—will be tasting the prickly end of Negan’s bat. If that doesn't justify a Kim K-level meltdown then I don't know what will. 

Whoever it is, I already know I won’t be able to handle the brutal comeback, at least not without some help. Since horse tranquilizers are out of the question, here are eight stress-reducing snacks that will help ease the blow, while watching the new season of The Walking Dead.

1. Oranges

juice, citrus, sweet, tangerine, lemon, grapefruit
Marlee Goldman

Try grabbing a bowl of oranges. Citrus fruits like oranges and tangerines contain high levels of vitamin C, which has been found to be effective in the fight against stress. According to Psychology today, the intake of vitamin C can lower the levels of cortisol (a stress hormone) and your blood pressure during high anxiety situations.

2. Almonds and Other Nuts

nut, almond, peanut, pecan, meat
Julia Fuller

Almonds, pistachios, and walnuts are said to be rich in omega-3 fatty acids which, according to WebMD, has been proven to not only reduce stress but also to protect against depression. Now how useful will that be? Once we find one who Negan killed we are definitely going to be needing a bit of a boost.

3. Oatmeal 

milk, cereal, porridge, cream, oatmeal, sweet, rice
Becky Hughes

Always a solid choice for a healthy and filling breakfast, oatmeal has also been proven to help reduece stress hormones. According to WebMD, the consumption of oatmeal can cause a boost in serotonin, also known as the feel-good hormone. 

I wouldn't necessarily recommend eating something that soft and brain-like while watching TWD, so oatmeal cookies are a good alternative.

4. Dark Chocolate 

chocolate, milk, cream, coffee, candy, sweet, pudding
Alyssa Rosello

Aside from being a tasty way to end a Sunday night, a big ole bowl of dark chocolate can do wonders for your mood. The Journal of Proteome Research suggests that the consumption of dark chocolate helps relieve stress at the molecular level, which can be pretty beneficial for individuals suffering from high levels of anxiety. 

5.Chamomile tea

tea
Dyan Khor

This last one might not be a snack per say, but if you feel like the snacks listed above still won't be enough to appease your distress then wash them down with some chamomile tea. Molecular Medicine Reports praises the use of chamomile tea for its ability to reduce stress and help you chill out over an especially nerve-wracking episode.

Trust me, you're going to feel the need to ravage an extra-large pizza with some fries and maybe a burger, washed down with a whole lot of vodka, but don't. Arm yourself with these tools to get through each episode with at least a shred of dignity and healthy habits intact. So throw on some PJs, grab some chocolate and chamomile, and pray that Daryl and Glenn make it to see the end of the season.