Snoqualmie is a family-owned ice cream company based in Snohomish, Washington that just announced the launch of a super-premium USDA-Organic line. I was lucky enough to taste the delicious ice cream made with simple ingredients myself, and this is what I learned:

The Goal

raspberry, blackberry, blueberry, sweet, berry, strawberry
Alyssa Cronin

Snoqualmie's philosophy is that "if you're going to eat ice cream, do it right," so this brand isn't another low-calorie Halo Top-wannabe, and these handcrafted flavors are far from dairy-free (sorry, vegans). This is simply real ice cream made from real ingredients.

Snoqualmie also says it uses very little air per pint compared to other brands, and high amounts of butterfat (the natural fat contained in milk) in every ice cream recipe to ensure the creamiest consistency. 

The Flavors

coffee, tea
Alyssa Cronin

Chocolate, vanilla, mint chip, cookies n' cream, salty caramel, lavender, and mixed berry make up Snoqualmie's organic line. All-natural, to boot.

Along with a few of my fellow Spoon writers, I was fortunate enough to try all eight flavors. Once we managed to move past our fascination with the adorable packaging, we were extremely impressed by the creamy texture and palate-pleasing taste.

chocolate, milk, dairy product, mint, cream, sweet
Alyssa Cronin

Chocolate and mint chip were the unanimous favorites. The creaminess of both flavors made us realize that eliminating artificial ingredients requires no sacrifices in the flavor department. Salty caramel and vanilla were unbelievably rich, and cookies n' cream was another perfectly-executed classic. None of us were lavender fans to begin with, so that was our least favorite flavor. Mixed berry, on the other hand, was delectably smooth and sweet. 

The Difference

cream, coffee, chocolate
Alyssa Cronin

As a result of these ethical practices, Snoqualmie is a certified B-Corporation, which means the company meets "rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency."

The Takeaway

chocolate, cream, ice, ice cream
Alyssa Cronin

Snoqualmie is worth trying for any ice cream fans, especially environmentally-conscious dairy dessert lovers. However, it's important to keep in mind that organic is not synonymous with nutritious. These pure ingredients are healthier than artificial alternatives, but organic sugar is still sugar, so this delicious ice cream is definitely a treat to eat in moderation.

Thanks to Snoqualmie for letting us try their new organic line. All reviews are honest and our own.