Finals week. The time during the school year where college students go into hibernation and retreat to their caves — the library. Now, we are no grizzly bears, but our appetites are definitely comparable to them. I know mine certainly is. 

It’s natural to want to grab quick takeout, junk food, or life-saving Ramen in the midst of studying during finals. Who has the time to cook and munch on a meal when it’s crunch time and you have to savor every moment to study? However, it’s important to note that it may just be the food that we eat during these crucial times that can impact our test scores.

Personally, I need to eat every so often (or twenty minutes), so it becomes quite annoying when I am in the library and run out of snacks to hear the low grumble of my stomach I’ve been trying to avoid. As a result of hunger, I would just end up daydreaming about food and “Yelping” restaurants instead of studying the excitement of Trial Law.

So, I decided to compile a list of quick and easy to-go meals to bring to the library that are not only healthy and filling, but also considerate to your fellow study neighbor. Shall we just pass on those tuna sandwiches for now?

1. Açaí Bowls

sweet
Mary Kate Turner

Açaí Bowls, pronounced ‘ah-sigh-EE,’ are exquisite smoothie bowls generally smothered with fresh fruits and crunchy granola. The bottom of the bowl is a thick and creamy puree of açaí berries that contain a rich amount of antioxidants and various electrolytes. Each bowl can be customized to satisfy your unique palate and if you're feeling even healthier, add on a few vitamin boosts!

These heavenly bowls are topped with sliced fruits, crunchy granola, and toppings like almonds or coconut bits. Grab a bowl and spoon, and hit the books because these beneficial bowls will leave you feeling satisfied and energized for powering through study sessions.

2. Egg, Spinach, and Tomato Sandwich

tomato, cheese, sandwich, lettuce, bread, vegetable, egg, toast
Emma Lally

During finals week, grocery shopping is the last thing on a college student's mind and sometimes we find ourselves looking into a refrigerator with just the bare essentials — eggs, bread, and perhaps some veggies.

But don't fret, if you're looking for a healthy, well-balanced meal, try an egg, spinach, and tomato sandwich on whole wheat bread. All you have to do is scramble an egg and throw in some freshly chopped spinach and a juicy tomato into the mix. Add Sriracha if you're feeling fancy, and bam! You have yourself a delicious meal to look forward to in the library.

Can I call it the (B)E.S.T sandwich?

3. Chicken Pasta Salad

vegetable, pasta, pepper
Morgan Nielsen

If you're like me and are not a huge fan of salad, why not throw in some savory pieces of chicken breast and make a chicken pasta salad? This quick and easy lunch can be converted into a healthier version by just adding a few simple ingredients. Baby tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, and lemon all add a fresh zest while still being flavorful. And the best part? There's no need for a microwave, so it's perfect for a quiet lunch in the library.

4. PB&J

peanut butter, peanut, butter, sandwich, jelly
Sydney Segal

Ah, the classic. Good ol' peanut butter and jelly in between two slices of whole grain bread. Just spread a good amount of your favorite peanut butter, some sweet jelly, and you're all set. A quick and easy fix that you just can’t go wrong with. Need I say more? 

5. Chicken Avocado Wrap

lettuce, salad, vegetable, tomato, avocado, onion, cheese
Kate Bentsen

I love chicken. I love avocado. I love wraps. If you throw in some ranch and veggies, we have a winner. As an extra bonus, avocados are high in potassium which make a great meal add-on to reduce high blood pressure. So kick back, relax, and perhaps make a few extras for your study group because trust me, they are going to want some too.

6. Fruit Salad  

sweet, fruit salad, strawberry, berry, salad, apple, candy
Kristine Mahan

If you're sitting for hours in one spot, cooped up inside, not seeing sunlight, you'll need something to brighten up your day. How about a vibrant fruit salad? With every bite of juicy strawberries, sweet mangoes, and crunchy apples, your energy levels will rise and so will your grades. So simple, yet so beneficial, this meal will provide you with just the vitamins and nutrition that you deserve.

Go ahead — pick your favorite fruits and go bananas.

7. Hummus and Pita

hummus
Dina Zaret

What is hummus exactly? This healthy food is made of chickpeas — making it high in both fiber and protein, keeping you full longer. Hummus and pita are just the perfect pair to snack on while studying. Healthy, filling, and delicious? What more do we hungry test-takers need?

Pita bread is usually the go-to, but hummus is so versatile, so be bold and try it with other things like grilled chicken or fresh cut veggies. My favorite thing about hummus, besides the taste of course, is the fact that there are so many flavors to choose from. Head to your local grocery store or Farmer's Market, pick up a container or two, and you won’t be disappointed

And that’s a (tasty) wrap. Check out this guide of satisfying to-go meals the next time you find yourself in search of something to munch on when studying. Good luck on those finals fellow collegiates!