The military diet is a three day way to loose ten pounds (or so they say...). While, most of the food is tough to keep down, to say the least, if you want weight off and fast, you've hit the jack pot.  

I tried this difficult diet with two of my friends to make it more interesting, and after doing so, I highly suggest doing it with company. It'll bring out more laughs than gags.

Day 1

cream, peanut, chocolate, sweet, bread, butter, peanut butter

For breakfast, I had peanut butter toast, half a grapefruit, and some hot coffee. Easy enough. I honestly enjoyed this meal, and at this point, I thought the next three days were going to be easy as pie.

Lunch came around and I quickly realized I was wrong about the next few days going to be a breeze. Tuna, dry toast, and hot coffee - my worst nightmare. Considering I can't eat fish because I'm a vegetarian, I opted out on the tuna, which left me quite hungry.

Dinner wasn't much better for a vegetarian: steak, green beans, a banana, a small apple, and vanilla ice cream (yippee). I went to bed not too hungry, but excited for breakfast the next day.

Day 2

banana

On day two, breakfast consisted of indulging with an egg, a slice of toast, and half a banana. My favorite breakfast meal is eggs and toast, so day two was definitely a win for me.

Lunch, again, was not ideal on day two. I ate cottage cheese, one hard boiled egg, and five saltine crackers... Yes, strictly five. Seemed like more of a snack than a meal for lunch if you ask me.

Not going to lie, this is where I started to cheat a little (I told you this diet wasn't easy). I was supposed to eat two hot dogs, one cup of broccoli, and half a banana... But as a vegetarian, the hot dog was a no-go for me and I was starting to get sick of only eating vegetables, so I had peanut butter toast as well -- oops!

Day 3

sweet, pasture, juice, apple
Jenny Georgieva

For me, day three's breakfast was the last meal I could stomach. I ate one slice of cheddar cheese, 5 saltines, and a small apple. Let me know HOW that counts as a meal for breakfast. After stopping this diet, I weighed myself, noted that I lost four pounds, and went to the bagel shop. Oh well.

Conclusion

The military diet is a must follow handbook. It swears by the foods, and in order to see the real results, you have to eat exactly what they tell you to. So, if you're not a vegetarian and you're ready to commit, then this just might be the diet for you. Good luck (you'll need it)!