If you're anything like me, you consider popcorn its own food group. It's the perfect snack to have around while studying, to grab while you're watching Netflix, to pack in a baggie for on-the-go. And don't even get me started on how its buttery, salty goodness pairs with a movie at the theater.

You've probably enjoyed it since you were a kid, and now that you're an adult, you have to be a little more careful with how much of it you consume. Yes, the salt and the butter taste great, but is there any way to eat the whole bowl and not hurt your body? I've compiled a set of recipes and store-ready popcorns that not only taste incredible, but will make you feel much better about your snacking.

The Best Vegan Popcorn

This recipe will be your new go-to snacking popcorn that is easy to make, consists of four simple ingredients, and proves you don't need butter to make great popcorn. Coconut oil is the real star in this recipe, and if you haven't had it as a butter replacement, you are in for something so great. Made by the vegan foodie experts of Hot for Food, you can't go wrong with this recipe.

Angie's Boomchickapop

I have had a soft spot in my heart for Bookchickapop ever since I bought one of the largest bags of popcorn at my local Costco. I had purchased the Sweet & Salty Kettle Corn for a road trip I was taking and this made for the best snack. Perfectly salty, perfectly sweet and depending on which flavor your get, the popcorn can be as low as 35 calories per cup. Another store-bought brand with simple ingredients that I know you'll love.

Garlic & Herb Popcorn

salt, sweet, butter, kettle corn, cereal, caramel, corn, popcorn
Chelsea Hawk

A savory snack option that tastes like garlic bread, but doesn't have the excessive calories with it. Once again, start with that freshly popped base, then go crazy with the toppings. Garlic powder and herbs don't sound like much, but boy do they add so much flavor. And chances are, you already have these ingredients laying around, so you're ready to go.

KIND Popped Snack Bites

Tiny bites of popcorn, granola, and in this case, dark chocolate and sea salt — how delicious does that sound?! It may be a store-bought snack, but KIND products only consist of ingredients you can pronounce, so you know exactly what is going in your body. This is an easy healthy alternative to popcorn that you can throw in your backpack and eat in between classes easily. 

Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn

sweet, caramel, butter, salt, kettle corn, cereal, corn, popcorn
Alina Polishuk

Back again with another great savory option, but this time we've got CHEESE. Yeah, maybe cheese isn't the healthiest thing, but the calcium can be good for you if it's consumed in moderation. This unique flavor combo makes for a delicious popcorn topping that you will surely impress your friends when they come over to watch The Bachelor. 

Pipcorn Mini Popcorn

Guys, I'm not kidding when I say this popcorn is TINY. You can't tell from the picture, but each popped kernel is about half the size of a normal piece of popcorn. So yes, it is much more fun to eat than normal popcorn. On top of that, it's vegan, all-natural, and gluten free. They have fun flavors like Truffle, Rosemary, Sea Salt + Vinegar, along with the usual Kettle and Cheddar. So if you want to get your hands on some of this fun mini corn, head to your local Whole Foods or order it online.

Popcorn is an overall great snack that is good on its own, good with a little coconut oil, and good with almost any topping you can think of. It's easy to go overboard with the salt and the butter, so next time you're considering your snack options, opt for one of these healthy alternatives to that movie theater classic.

Need more for your mind to munch on? Click here to read about why movie theater and microwave popcorn just aren't that great.