Since we're in college and, to say the least, on a tight liquor budget, we usually have to avoid the Grey Goose and stick with Burnett’s and, if we loosen the purse strings, some Smirnoff. Everyone always forgets about Svedka which is not too expensive and doesn’t make you feel like you were hit by a truck the next morning. Over Thanksgiving break, we journeyed to our local liquor store to pick up some flavored Svedka.

beer
Connor Howe

There are 16 different flavors of Svedka: Peach, Strawberry Lemonade, Mango Pineapple, Orange Cream Pop, Strawberry Colada, Colada, Party Edition, Cucumber Lime, Raspberry, Citron, Clementine, Cherry, Vanilla, Regular, 100 Proof, and Grapefruit Jalapeño. Although all of them were sampled at least once, I’m going to throw out the top eight.

juice, ice, beer, liquor, alcohol
Connor Howe

8. Vanilla  

This one is a little out there and, if you’re feeling something sweet that burns just the right amount, then this is the flavor for you.

7. Strawberry Lemonade

beer, juice, alcohol, liquor
Connor Howe

Now this one may seem like a great idea, but beware: many of my friends can't even smell it without losing their lunch. But if you really can't stomach regular vodka and need something aggressively sweet, this is the one for you.

6. SVEDKA Party Edition

Just like the Smirnoff party edition we all know too well from those 4th of July BBQs, Svedka has their own lesser-known version. Even though it’s more of a summer drink, that doesn’t mean we can’t crack one open and make any drink a little livelier.

5. Raspberry

juice, ice, soda, coke, beer
Connor Howe

My friends and I normally avoid fruit-flavored vodka after a bad experience with strawberry Burnett’s; however, we were pleasantly surprised with this new addition to the Svedka family of flavors. Having had a raspberry bush in my backyard, this is one of my personal favorites.

4 . Cucumber Lime

beer, liquor, alcohol
Connor Howe

If you’re looking for something refreshing to mix with your Canada Dry or, if you're me, Giant Eagle brand seltzer, then this is the flavor to invest in. 

3. Citron

juice, beer
Connor Howe

No need for Rosa’s Lime Juice anymore! Grab a sprite from CVS and mix away.

2. Svedka 100°

beer, ale
Connor Howe

“Go big or go home.” Svedka’s first attempt to reach the higher proof market. Be careful with this one. You might regret taking the first sip. Perfect for a nice Bloody Mary on Sunday morning.

1. Svedka Original

beer, soda, pepper, hot sauce, chili
Connor Howe

Ultimately, the classics are always going to be my favorite. When strolling down the liquor aisle, it's always best to stick to the basics in my opinion. That’s why original tops off our list of Svedka flavors.

Believe me when you talk about "only having $3," there's no one who feels that more than yours truly. For those of us who don't have a Black Card to charge our beer and liquor on, stick to Svedka and you won't be sorry.