Every year, we all *swear* that these New Years resolutions will stick; that this will be the year we really do cut carbs, they year we'll go to the gym at least three times a week, and eat less dessert. Don't get me wrong, these are all great, healthy goals we try to pick up, but come (at least) March, we're on the couch eating our favorite Ben and Jerry's and probably crying about The Walking Dead.

We rush ourselves into these New Years Resolutions without really thinking about all that we have in the future. Sure, after we scarf down 237 Christmas cookies, it's easy to find the motivation to go to the gym. What about when it's March and you have three tests, a quiz and a paper due and can't make it to the gym, or can't find the time to cook up a healthy stir fry

Don't fret- I'm here to help you keep your New Year's resolution even after we've lost all motivation to eat healthy. It's easier than you think and 2017 will definitely be your year!

1. Don't Rush Into Anything

It definitely seems like a good idea to go to the gym three or four times a week. Come March and your exams and essays are piling up and imagine trying to make it to the gym then. Try giving yourself a goal of going to the gym on the weekend, or at least once during the week, this way, you don't feel bad about totally messing up your goal.

Totally switching over your diet is hard. Start slow, learn about the things you want to eat, learn how to shift your diet, and how to go about it. 

2. Buy Ingredients for Weekly Meals

muesli, honey, sweet
Maggie Harriman

When you're out of kale and avocado, and are struggling with school, it's a lot easier to just order Jimmy Johns. Make Sundays, or every other Sunday, grocery day. Buy microwavable meals or ingredients that will last about a week so you have them ready to go to make dinner!

Bonus if you make a big meal and save the leftovers!

3. Don't Do it Alone!

It's so much easier to workout when your with your pal who's working just as hard as you! It's also much easier to eat cleaner when both you and your roommate are aiming for the same goal and they're not bringing back tempting Chinese food all the time.

4. Switch Up Your Workout

I've learned from experience that the gym is at least nine times worse when you go, run, and leave.

Do something different! Learn the proper way (can't stress the importance of that enough!) to lift weights, try a different cardio machine, maybe even try a cycling class! Doing different workout activities will keep your motivation up.

5. Put the Lemon in Your Water

lemonade, water, lemon
Caroline Liu

Do it. Just do it. You look cool. Plus, it really is beneficial. 

6. Also Drink More Water in General

fish, water
Spoon University

The iced tea and soda are pretty counterproductive to the healthy dinner you've made yourself! If you're not about the lemon, add different fruits to water! It's tasty and healthy!

7. There's (Obviously) An App For It

espresso, beer, tea, coffee
Nicole Feretich

When you need to remind yourself of papers, tests, meetings and also trying to make a decent meal for yourself, it becomes a little overwhelming. That's why there are apps to do it for you! You're given meal times, recipes, and needed an ingredients! 

8. Treat Yourself

Now I don't mean inhale a cake after you get in a good workout. But don't give up your favorite snacks or desserts because your resolution is going so well. Splurging is okay, I swear. You could always spice it up and go for a DIY healthy dessert too!

9. Don't Give Up!

Easily the most important one of all! Remember why you started, what you want to get out of eating healthy and working out, and you don't want to lose that!