Ice cream and summer go together like peanut butter and jelly. There’s no better way to enjoy a hot summer day than with a pint of your favorite frozen treat (bikini bodies were so last year anyway). This summer, take your ice cream game to the next level with Coolhaus, a California-based artisanal ice cream company that specializes in awesome flavors like Balsamic Fig and Mascarpone, Buttered French Toast, and Milkshake and Fries.  

salt
Lauren Kruchten

Yes, you read that right. Coolhaus has combined your favorite fast food snack of french fries dipped in a milkshake and turned it into an ice cream flavor. And though it might sound a little weird, it’s totally delicious. With salted Tahitian vanilla ice cream, all-natural shoestring French Fries, and crushed milk chocolate malt balls, it’s everything you love about the sweet and salty combination of a milkshake and french fries.

Additionally, each pint of ice cream holds an amazing mix of different textures and flavors. Thick, creamy, and full of different sweet add-ins, each bite is a whirlwind of deliciousness. Bananas Foster takes on the taste of real bananas, while Buttered French Toast, with real toast pieces and a maple swirl, provides a sweet and satisfying breakfast experience no matter what time of day you enjoy it.

As well as pints, Coolhaus also sells ice cream sandwiches and hand-dipped ice cream bars, which can be found at one of their roaming ice cream trucks in Dallas, LA, or New York. The company first got its start as an ice cream truck in 2009, where it made it’s way to the Coachella Music Festival and became a beacon for sweaty festival-goers in the desert.

Coolhaus' ice cream sandwiches hold mouthwatering ice cream flavors between two fresh-baked cookies, which include snickerdoodle, oatmeal chocolate chip, and double chocolate. It’s an illustrious take on the snack you know and love from your childhood, only way more tasty.

The ice cream bars also provide a taste of nostalgia, with vanilla, chocolate, and coffee flavors. Each bar is dipped in salted milk chocolate, then rolled in either crushed pretzels, almonds, or oreos, providing a satisfying crunch with every bite.

Coolhaus now has two storefronts in Southern California (they get all the good stuff), but their products can be purchased online or at select grocery stores across the U.S. At their stores, they specialize in unique, out-of-the-box ice cream scoops that utilize sustainably produced, hormone-free dairy and fresh, local ingredients.

Some of their sweet-meets-savory flavors include Beer and Pretzels, Brown Butter Candied Bacon, Fried Chicken and Waffles, Potato Latke and Applesauce, and many more. Pair your scoop with one of their signature beverages, like a Snohetta - one scoop of your favorite ice cream over ‘Haus-made hot chocolate.

If you’re lucky enough to get to one of Coolhaus’ locations this summer, indulge yourself in one (or many) of their radically distinct ice cream flavors I can assure you won’t find anywhere else. And for those of you who are stuck at home, order some ice cream in bulk ASAP to stay cool all summer long.

Coolhaus products were sent to me free of charge, but all opinions are my own.