Beyond Meat is launching a new line of plant based meats, this time in a sausage form. The Beyond Meat Burger already took America by storm as being the plant based burger that looks like raw hamburger and has a meaty taste profile as well. One might ask "Why a sausage from plants that aims to replicate meat? Our belief is that the best way to get people to eat less meat is by giving them what they love–in this case, a juicy delicious sausage – without so many of the health, sustainability, and animal welfare downside of a traditional animal - based sausage"-Beyond Meat. The Beyond Meat Sausage will give consumers another meat alternative option, without totally giving up the feeling of eating meat. 

The company is introducing three flavors of the sausage including Original Bratwurst, Sweet Italian and Hot Italian. And here's some facts to take into consideration straight from the Beyond Meat website, "on a per cooked link comparison with a leading brand of pork sausage, The Beyond Sausage™ has: 14% more protein 43% less total fat 38% less sat fat 26% less sodium 27% less calories You won't find any hormones, nitrites, nitrates, soy, or gluten in our sausage either. And, all our ingredients are non-GMO."

The Beyond Meat Sausage is currently getting a test run in a Beyond Burger restaurant inside Whole Foods' Pearl St. location in Boulder, CO. If this sausage has any part of the success that the Beyond Burger had, one can expect big things to come for the Beyond Meat company as a whole. I personally cannot wait to see whatever plant-based meat products this company comes up with next! Additional locations of product availability are to be announced in January.