On National Cereal Day, March 7th, Ben & Jerry's released three new flavors inspired by cereal. The flavors – Frozen Flakes, Fruity Loot, and Cocoa Loco – all have cereal milk ice cream bases and are reminiscent of Kellogg's cereal brands: think along the lines of Frosted Flakes, Fruity Pebbles, Cocoa Pebbles, and the likes.

My inner child was so excited about this, I called up the nearest Scoop Shop location multiple times to find out when I could get my hands on these flavors. I was able to try all of them, so allow me to feed your curious mind and give you details on how each flavor tastes and ranks.

Frozen Flakes

As the name implies, Frozen Flakes is indeed everything you'd find at the bottom of a bowl of Kellogg's Frosted Flakes, but intensified. In one bite, you get slightly-crunchy cereal bits and an ultra-creamy base that blends nicely with the sweetness that you'd find on any piece of frosted cereal. I can't say it's the same as Momofuku's cereal milk soft serve, which comes generously coated with extra cornflakes, but it comes pretty damn close.

#SpoonTip: To take it to the next level, get this flavor in sundae form, which comes with whipped cream, sliced bananas, and frosted cereal flakes.

Final Score: 4.5/5

Fruity Loot

dairy product, ice cream, sweet, chocolate, milk, ice, cream
Eileen Wang

At first glance, Fruity Loot – top right in the photo – looks like Frozen Flakes because instead of rainbow cereal bits, as advertised in their promotional video, it has corn cereal bits (cue slight disappointment). It also tastes very similar to the Frozen Flakes. 

However, the main difference is that the ice cream base has a fruitier essence, similar to that of Taiwanese Apple Milk. While its underlying taste is a tad too artificial for my liking, the Fruity Loot will definitely satisfy any fruity cereal cravings. It is definitely as Ben & Jerry's puts it, "like if cereal, Saturday-morning cartoons, and superhero pajamas were an ice cream flavor."

Final Score: 4/5

Cocoa Loco

coffee, pizza
Eileen Wang

One of these is unlike the others, and for a good reason: its chocolate goodness. Cocoa Loco's base is almost identical to the chocolate milk we find in opaque milk jugs. But, its malty flavor, similar to that of Ovaltine or Milo, is what helps it reign supreme over the others.

I may be biased because chocolate cereals have always been my favorite, but Cocoa Loco embodies almost everything that a bowl of Cocoa Pebbles or Cocoa Puffs should be – though, more chocolate cereal swirl wouldn't hurt.

Final Score: 5/5

peanut butter, caramel, cream, ice cream, ice
Eileen Wang

If cereal was a major part of your childhood, you won't want to miss out on these flavors. What are you waiting for? Head on to your nearest Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shop location and get ready for some major nostalgia.