Ah, post-lunch snack time is here yet again. Whether you’re Netflix-ing, homework-ing, or just hanging out, that long gap between lunch and dinner can often be a danger zone for snacking. If you’re like me, this time period usually involves wanting to eat anything and everything. It’s an extremely hangry experience.

snacks

Luckily, it’s possible to snack safely with these protein-packed snacks that will leave you feeling satisfied until your next meal. They’re quick, portable, and will make your stomach smile. Remember, practice safe snacks!

1. Mixed nuts

snacks

Photo by Kirby Barth

A very convenient way to get some protein and healthy fats. Easy, quick, and portable. Add your fave dried fruits and seeds for homemade trail mix (apparently there are more ingredients than just M&M’s in trail mix).

2. Hard-boiled eggs

snacks

Photo by Kai Huang

An inexpensive and nutritious way to fuel up that energy tank of yours! Eat them plain or with a pinch of salt for extra flavor. Flavor flaaaaav.

3. Edamame with sea salt

snacks

Photo by Elyse Belarge

Edamame is cool because it sounds super fancy but really you can just buy it at the grocery store. One cup of these yummy little green guys has about 7 grams of protein. Sprinkle on a little sea salt on them to satisfy a salty craving.

4. Beef or turkey jerky

snacks

Photo by Tess Wei

Who wouldn’t love portable meat? Beef jerky is super travel-friendly and guaranteed to keep you satisfied. Be sure that it isn’t too high in sodium, that’s where they’ll gotcha. KRAVE Jerky is an all natural brand that is much yum.

5. Greek yogurt & high-fiber cereal

snacks

Photo by Anna Loh

The combination of protein-packed Greek yogurt and high fiber cereal is both delicious and filling. Bye hunger.

6. Turkey and cheese roll-ups

snacks

Photo courtesy of goldenagecheese.com

Slab some spreadable cheese on a few slices of turkey and roll ‘er up for a quick satisfying snack. Cheese is so important in life.

7. Cottage cheese and fruit

snacks

Photo by Rachel Labarre

Loaded with protein, so even just a small portion will fill you up. Mix in fresh berries or pineapple chunks for sweetness. 

8. Peanut butter and banana sandwich

snacks

Photo by Marykate Surette

A go-to snack. PB + Banana = EVERYTHING. This combo will always come up clutch.  

Even though these foods may not compare to unhealthy, fatty, processed foods, they are by far the better choice for your mental and physical health. Instead of eating junk and then wallowing in self-pity, these snacks will leave you feeling like a #HealthQueen (slash #king).

snacks

Stay strong, happy snacking.

snacks

Graphic by Spoon University