Are you bored of eating the same types of food over and over again? Do you ever wonder what food in other countries is like but have never had the opportunity to actually hop on a plane and find out?

Try the World is a food subscription service that you can sign up for and get a little taste of different countries around the world. Each month they send you a box in the mail with food from a surprise country. I received a box full of items that represent Brazilian flavors.

If you are just interested to see what products Brazil has to offer, this review can help you out. It is safe to say that these have all become my new food obsessions.

1. Churrasco Mix

beer, tea
Samantha Hickman

This mix of spices contains paprika, garlic, turmeric, onion, parsley, thyme, basil, rosemary, coriander, and mustard. This combination of spices adds just the right kick to any of your favorite meats. Even though this spice mix is usually used to compliment meat, vegetarians can also find fun ways to incorporate this mix into their meals.

I tried adding this mix to scrambled eggs, quinoa, and brown rice. This addition transformed these usually bland dishes into spicy and savory meals.

2. Brazilian Nut Spread

pasta, spaghetti
Samantha Hickman

This nut spread is a little heartier and saltier than its popular cousin, almond butter. Add an interesting twist to your morning toast, peanut butter and jelly sandwich, or nut butter crackers with this exotic nut spread. This nut butter can be a fun substitute for peanut butter in popular dessert recipes as well.

3. Paraná Coffee

tea, beer, coffee
Samantha Hickman

I’m not usually a coffee person but a cup of this Brazilian coffee had my taste buds begging for more. Compared to the other coffee’s I’ve tasted in America, this coffee has a richer taste, thicker texture, and slightly fruity aroma.

4. Churrasco Sauce

hay
Samantha Hickman

This sauce has a very strong smell, but don’t let that scare you away. The taste is a mix between tabasco and barbecue sauce. I would not suggest eating it by itself, but when paired with meat, or a meat substitute, it really lights up the dish.

Try using this product as a dipping sauce for chicken nuggets, drizzle it on top of burgers or roasted vegetable, or soak jackfruit in it to make a vegetarian pulled pork sandwich.

5. Geleia De Jabuticaba

tea
Samantha Hickman

This product is very similar to jams found in America. However, this jam uses a fruit that is not typically grown in America. The taste of this berry used lands somewhere between red grapes and blackberries. This yummy product can add some fun to your multi-grain toast, bagels, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, doughnuts, or tarts.

6. Brazilian Guava Paste

Samantha Hickman

This guava paste contains only guava pulp and sugar. It is gluten-free and can be used in many baked goods, smoothies, or even homemade candy. Due to its thick yet squishy texture, it might be clever to use it as a cranberry sauce substitute. If you are digging its sweet and fruity taste, you can use it as a jam as well.

7. Brazilian Nut Cookies

tea
Samantha Hickman

These cookies are made in crunchy, bite-sized pieces and they are the perfect sidekick to a hot cup of tea or coffee. The taste of the cookies is similar to a mix between a shortbread cookie and a macadamia nut cookie. Watch out though because since these cookies aren’t overly sweet it’s easy to eat the whole box at once.

8. Pão De Queijo

egg, sweet, vegetable
Samantha Hickman

When this product is paired with some water, eggs, and cheese and thrown in the oven, it makes for a great addition to any dinner dish. The bread forms into balls that are a little bit smaller than the size of your palm. If you follow the directions on the box, you will have yummy balls with a gooey, cheesy center and with a crunchy outer crust.

If your mouth is already watering at these descriptions, or if your mind is bursting with creative recipe ideas, maybe you should Try the World and test out a subscription. These exotic snacks can be the stars of taste testing parties and can help you make some pretty lasting memories with friends and family when shared.