If you're not a morning person, waking up for your 9 or 10 am class is basically Mission Impossible. In my experience, only one thing can motivate me to wake up at an ungodly hour: food. Yet, many go-to restaurants that serve substantial food open at 10 am. So, I decided to do some exploring to search for places that can accommodate the earlybirds. After numerous foodgasms and cups of caffeinated tea, I've come up with a list of seven tasty, but affordable, places to eat breakfast in Providence, all open at 8am or earlier. 

1. Olga's Cup + Saucer

chocolate, cake, syrup, sweet, toast, french toast
Marie Chantal Marauta
Olga's Cup + Saucer is a hip, yet cozy café that will satisfy any breakfast craving. From their soft, warm French toast to their tofu scramble sandwiches, this place is perfect for groups who have varying dietary needs. If you're in a hurry, they have delicious, ready-made baked goods, including a delectable brown sugar chocolate chunk cookie. 

2. Amy's Place

cheese, tomato, omelette, bacon, scrambled, egg, toast
Marie Chantal Marauta
A Wickenden Street gem, Amy's Place is a quaint café that's ideal for quiet, relaxed early mornings. Whether it be their piping hot omelettes, fluffy pancakes, or filling breakfast sandwiches, Amy's plates constitute a full meal that will charge you up for the day ahead. Pair any of these dishes with one of their exquisite smoothies (vegan options available!) to achieve complete satisfaction. 

3. Brickway on Wickenden

bacon, tomato, spinach, sandwich, avocado
Marie Chantal Marauta
Known for their colorful, cartoonish aesthetic, Brickway on Wickenden is home to scrumptious omelettes, creative pancakes, and hearty breakfast sandwiches. Achieving just the right balance between healthy and satisfying, sides include fresh fruit, crispy bacon, and seasoned home fries. Brickway's warm ambience and psychedelic interior design takes you back to the '70s, giving your morning that extra kick it needs. 

4. Louis Family Restaurant

bread, toast, bacon
Marie Chantal Marauta

Louis Family Restaurant is a delightful, decades-old diner serving all-day breakfast. They serve staples such as eggs, bacon, and home fries, as well as pancakes and French toast, but also less conventional breakfast foods such as meatball/eggplant parm subs. A great place for early-morning meet ups (they open at 5am!), or for eating a hearty meal after pulling an all-nighter. 

5. Meeting Street Café

dairy product, cream, bacon, cheese
Marie Chantal Marauta

A College Hill classic, Meeting Street Café is a classic American diner that also offers all-day breakfast. Serving plates like oatmeal, jumbo buttermilk pancakes, and eggs any style, this adorable diner can cater to a range of breakfast needs. If you're feeling especially adventurous, try one of their famous 1/2 pound cookies (and finish it like a champion!). 

6. The Shop

avocado
Marie Chantal Marauta

One of College Hill's most adorable hotspots, The Shop is renown for their aromatic coffee. Their range of delicious dishes includes their unique avocado toast covered in lime, chili flakes, and celtic sea salt (pictured above), their steel-cut oat and buckwheat porridge, and their gluten-free pumpkin spiced cake. For smaller bites, they have a range of tarts, pies and cookies to choose from. It's a perfect place for a cozy morning. 

7. Café Pearl

tomato, lox, cheese, canape, smoked salmon, salmon, fish, sandwich, toast, bread
Marie Chantal Marauta

Located at the RISD Museum, Café Pearl is a minimalist coffee shop serving a selection of mouthwatering dishes. Their toasts include savory classics like Lox and Avocado, as well as sweeter ones such as pumpkin and syrup. The café is the product of a partnership with Bolt Coffee, meaning that customers can drink Providence's iconic coffee brand for a delightful start to the day. 

For more breakfast goodness, check out these articles:

31 Delicious Breakfast Recipes for Every Day in March

21 High-Protein Breakfasts to Start Your Day

What You Should Eat for Breakfast, According to Your Zodiac Sign