Birthdays are fun; you get to spend time with friends, go out to eat, and get presents from everyone. However, there's one birthday perk that you probably don't pay so much attention to, and that's the free food. There are so many places that offer freebies for your birthday, especially in University City where there are eateries galore. Through these five rewards programs, you can look forward to five extra treats every time your birthday rolls around.

Auntie Anne's

sausage, bacon
Hareena Kaur

When you sign up for Auntie Anne's My Pretzel Perks program, you get a free pretzel after you make a purchase of $1 or more. The most exciting part of the program is the birthday perk, which offers you a free pretzel for your birthday (a classic pretzel or even a signature one) and the offer is valid for up to 30 days. 

Sweetgreen

sweet, peanut butter, pate, vegetable, spread, liver pate, hummus, cream, bread
Hareena Kaur

Sweetgreen is a campus favorite, but it can be a bit expensive to live the healthy lifestyle. Take advantage of their app and rewards program by downloading the Sweetgreen rewards app. If you sign up and add your birthday at least 14 days prior, you'll get a $10 credit that can be used for up to 30 days. Next time your birthday comes around, take advantage and enjoy that Hummus Tahina Salad on them.

Starbucks

chocolate, cake
Hareena Kaur

If it seems like everyone has a Starbucks Rewards account on the app, that's probably because they do. The Starbucks rewards are pretty great. You can get special offers and earn points towards receiving a free food item or beverage on all purchases, which means you can buy any drink in any size with any additions for no cost. The same goes for your free birthday gift. I don't know about you, but I think a Venti Caramel Frappuccino with extra espresso shots tastes even better when it's free. 

Ben and Jerry's

peanut butter, waffle, chocolate, cream, ice, ice cream
Hareena Kaur

Ben & Jerry's also has your back when it's your birthday. If you sign up for the newsletter, you get free ice cream for your birthday. If you're craving one of their ice cream cakes instead, you're in luck. You also receive a coupon for $3 off any ice cream cake. The tough part is deciding which flavor of ice cream you'll choose— Chunky Monkey and Half Baked are two of my favorites!

Dunkin' Donuts

dairy product, chocolate, coffee, yogurt, sweet, cream, milk
Elena Bailoni

You'll be glad to know that this staple offers you a free beverage for your birthday when you join the DD Perks program. You can choose any sized hot or cold drink. The once-forgotten chain is making a comeback against Starbucks— America runs on Dunkin' and you will too.

Whether you prefer healthy salads or delicious ice cream, you'll want to keep up with these rewards programs and take advantage of the free treats if you live in University City. Oh, and Happy Birthday!