There is no more classic combination than chocolate chip cookies and vanilla ice cream. As the days heat up, what could be better than an ice cream sandwich to cool us down?

This is by far the easiest ice cream sandwich recipe you will ever read. No scoops required. Just a pint of ice cream, some cookies and a serrated knife make for a simply delicious creation.

Get ready because there is no doubt all your friends will be rushing over to snap their next Instagram post and to enjoy this easy and tasty ice cream sandwich recipe.

The Easiest Ice Cream Sandwich

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:2 minutes
  • Total Time:7 minutes

• 8 chocolate chip cookies
  • 1 pint vanilla ice cream
Photo by Collette Block

To begin, you will need the pint of vanilla ice cream and a serrated knife. Do not open the ice cream, but place it on its side so that you can easily slice the pint into four perfect rounds.

GIF by Collette Block

Begin to slice the ice cream parrallel to the base of the pint. One pint should slice into four rounds. If the ice cream starts to get too soft to cut, then place in back in the freezer to let it firm up again.

Photo by Collette Block

Once you have your rounds cut, separate them and begin to un-peel the pint wrapping. In some cases, the ice cream will just slide out of the packaging making your job easy.

GIF by Collette Block

Place one of the chocolate chip cookies face down on a plate. Take one of the ice cream rounds and layer it on top of the cookie.

#SpoonTip: To make this process even easier, order cookies from your local provider. 

Photo by Collette Block

Finally, place a second chocolate chip cookie on top of the ice cream. There you have it: the easiest ice cream sandwich.

GIF by Collette Block