What's one of the biggest food staples in America? Peanut butter. With that said, it's crazy peanut butter isn't a worldwide staple, and it's even hard to find peanut butter abroad. We're talking about kids who lived their childhood without PB&J or "ants on a log" snacks. Not only is it hard to find, but also to some peanut butter is even considered weird and gross.

Here are 11 countries that don't believe in the greatness of creamed peanuts. 

1. France

beer, tea, coffee
Jenna Moxley

France– you have a lot of amazing things going for you. Wine and cheese is your perfection, but really... no peanut butter? However, I'll give you a few bonus points because you do understand the importance of Nutella. Next time, throw in some peanut butter jars next to the Nutella section. The two aren't that different from each other. 

2. Italy

italian, Italy, sweet, pastry, canoli, cheese
Amelia Hitchens

Pasta, gelato, and cannolis are to die for. But so is peanut butter! How could Italy leave this creamy goodness out of their all-star food lineup? Well, just like France they seem to think Nutella is good enough. 

3. England

wine
David Zambuto

Brits happen to be the most repulsed by the idea of peanut butter. With an abundance of jam and honey options, they don't really have a need for another bread spread. However, that doesn't mean we need to put PB down... poor thing. 

4. Spain

wine
Maria Townsend

Spain is less surprising. I mean, how often do you go for authentic Spanish cuisine and find something that even contains peanuts on the menu? Heck, they don't even use peanut oil. 

5. Sweden

No peanut butter for this small European region. Instead of having savory PB&J's, they use levelpastej. That is, liver pate. This one sounds like an acquired taste to me... and people think peanut butter is icky. 

6. Israel

salt, water
Talia Greenberg

While you can't find peanut butter in Israel, they do have peanuts. Their famous peanut snack is Kabukim, which are cracker coated peanuts that make for a crispy snack. You'll have to forgo the creaminess of PB to make way for a peanut based snack.

7. Brazil

While they don't have real peanut butter, Brazil actually has a slight knock off. Don't be confused, though, because it's certainly not the same thing. Amendocrem, or Pacoquito Cremosa, taste more like the fillings of a Nutter Butter compared to the real deal. 

8. Indonesia 

It's nearly impossible to find a jar of Skippy in Indonesia. However, you can still satisfy your PB cravings with Bumbu Kacang, which is peanut butter sauce made from ground and fried peanuts. Sounds pretty good to me. 

9. Ecuador

Carla Pacheco Muevecela

Just like Indonesia, Ecuador doesn't have much real peanut butter to offer. And, if you can find some, odds are it'll be rather expensive. Yet, they do have another type of peanut sauce, Salsa de Mani, that can do the trick. 

10. Greece 

As beautiful as Greece is, it's missing one crucial thing: peanut butter. They do have Tahini, which is made from ground sesame seeds, and can be used as a spread, sauce, or dip. 

11.  Japan

Like the Brits, the Japanese are appalled by peanut butter. They do have peanut cream and peanut whip, and while these might sound like peanut butter, rumor is they taste more like peanut flavored frosting. 

Next time you're thinking about traveling outside the U.S., bring your own jar of peanut butter with you. You won't regret it. Everyone needs it.