We all know how annoying it is to wait in the never-ending TSA line, but once you’re on the plane with your hummus, it’ll all be worth it. Traveling is always stressful, so try these snack ideas to make your airplane flight so much smoother.

Here’s what you need to know about TSA’s rules: nearly all types of solid food are allowed, liquids need to be in a quart size bag, and alcohol is okay to bring as long it fits within the 3.4 ounce rule. Let’s get snacking!

1. Mason Jar Southwestern Corn Salad

Photo by Bernard Wen

You can be trendy and get through TSA just fine with these mason jar salads. This Southwestern corn salad features crispy tortilla chips and chicken, with black beans for extra flavor. Bonus points if you add chickpeas for a low-calorie snack on the side.

2. Parmesan Baked Edamame

Photo by Elyse Belarge

When you’re on the plane, pretzels just aren’t going to cut it. Add some salty tang with easy Parmesan baked edamame, which only requires three ingredients AKA a short trip to the grocery store. Lactose intolerant? Try this 10-minute citrus edamame appetizer instead.

3. Beef (or Vegan) Jerky

Photo by Megan Yee

Normally a designated snack for road trips, beef jerky is the perfect protein-packed boost to get you through the long flight ahead. If you’re bored during the plane ride, bring along different flavors to taste test with your friends.

4. Pasta Primavera

Photo by Lily Allen

The best thing about pasta is that it’s delicious even served cold. You can bring this olive oil drizzled pasta, made with grated Parmesan cheese and frozen vegetables, in a Tupperware container. Ask the flight attendant for a plastic fork, and you’re all set.

5. Buffalo Chicken Dip & Celery

Photo by Hana Ezaldein

Upgrade classic crackers or plain celery with this buffalo chicken dip. We recommend Texas Pete hot sauce, or even dare to bring along a Sriracha keychain for that added kick of flavor.

6. Paprika Lemon Hummus

Photo by Parisa Soraya

All hummus, all the time. Try this paprika-lemon combination and spread it on the bread rolls that come with your in-flight meal. It only takes five ingredients and five minutes to make.

7. Mini Babybel Cheese Wheels

TSA

Photo courtesy of ayearinfromage.com

Babybel cheese wheels are honestly a cheese lover’s dream: creamy cheese conveniently packed in a mini size. Wrapped in red wax, Babybel has you covered with the easiest plane treat ever — just pack it in your carry-on and you’re good to go.

8. Instant Oatmeal

Photo by Elysia Su

Have to catch an early morning red-eye? Make sure you won’t skip breakfast by bringing instant oatmeal and a disposable cup. Pack fruit on the side, like sliced bananas or blueberries, to garnish on top.

#SpoonTip: Ask your flight attendant for hot water to make your oatmeal.

9. Honey Sea Salt Popcorn

Photo by Renee Chiu

Sure, you can’t afford the first-class airplane ticket, but you can make your plane ride better with fancy popcorn. This honey butter and sea salt popcorn is the perfect complement for whatever movie you want to watch en route to your destination.

10. Tea

Photo by Alex Tom

Trying to stay away from sugary soda while on spring break? Bring a tea bag through security in your carry-on, and ask for hot water while on the plane. It’ll be a wonderful pick me up to boost your immune system. Not sure which tea to try? Check out our guide.

These quick and easy snack ideas are great wherever you end up going for spring break. From Parmesan edamame to sea salt popcorn, we got you covered as you travel around the world. TSA ain’t got nothing on us.