Hopefully by now you've seen (or tried) Starbucks' Unicorn Frappuccino. Violently pink with a ribbon of electric blue, it screams "Instagram me!" For those of you who missed out on the limited edition Unicorn Frapp, worry not because the latest Instagram-able drink is here and its magical reign has no foreseeable end date. The Dragon Frappuccino is a creamy whirlwind that bears the crown of our second favorite mythological creature, and has earned its spot on the Starbucks secret menu.

Well, what does it taste like?

Good question! You don't want to face the dragon without knowing what you're up against, right? The Dragon Frappuccino tastes like a fruity, herbal milkshake. If you're not a fan of green tea, you might want to take a look at some of Starbucks' other options. This drink was not as sweet as I thought it would be, but it's a Frappuccino, so you might still get that sugar rush. 

OK, I'm ready! So how do I order it?

Head to your nearest Starbucks with about $6 in hand. You will have to walk in and order instead of using the mobile app or a drive-thru because this secret menu item requires a bit of barista magic. Follow these steps and dragon-tinted bliss can be yours.

1. Order a Green Tea Frappuccino

If you want to make your Dragon sweet (think Dragon from Shrek after she falls in love with Donkey), ask for vanilla bean powder.

chocolate, ice cream, strawberry, ice, cream, tea, cake
Sidney Hallak

2. Ask for a raspberry swirl

My barista was super awesome and worked to figure out what would constitute a raspberry swirl. They have a Raspberry Frappuccino, but that syrup isn't colored. However, if you ask nicely and there isn't a long line, your barista may be kind enough to whip up some berry magic (my new friend said something about using the crushed up berries they have for smoothies).

grass, strawberry, raspberry
Sidney Hallak

3. Leave a tip

This is a secret menu item, so by ordering it you are asking the baristas to get a little creative. If you are nice, they will usually help you out, and they'll appreciate a "thank you" gesture for their hard work.

4. Enjoy

You won't be breathing fire after this sweet drink, but you may be on a sugar high. Enjoy your new magic powers and let us know what other *mystical* drinks you are concocting. Oh, and don't forget to post an Instagram. 

ice, strawberry, cream
Sidney Hallak