When I'm short on time and need to squeeze in a meal, I typically make pasta. But recently, I've noticed that cooking pasta actually takes longer than I thought. I discovered this new way to cook pasta that cuts down on boiling time. Now, I can make and eat pasta in the time it normally takes me to cook it.

The conventional way to make pasta is to cook it in a sauce pan, but the fastest way to cook pasta is to use a frying pan. I did both and timed it to prove this works.

Sauce Pan

water, spaghetti, pasta

It took 9 minutes and 15 seconds to boil a pot of water in a sauce pan. Once the water boiled, I added salt and pasta. The pasta took an additional 10 minutes and 33 seconds.

Total time: 19 minutes and 48 seconds

Frying Pan

flour, wheat, macaroni, spaghetti, pasta

Boiling water in a frying pan took a short 5 minutes and 24 seconds. I was honestly amazed at how quickly the water boiled. As with the other pot, I added salt and pasta. The pasta cooked a bit faster at 9 minutes and 28 seconds.

Total time: 14 minutes and 52 seconds

There you have it: The faster way to cook pasta is by using a frying pan, instead of a sauce pan, since water boils much faster in a frying pan.

Save yourself five minutes the next time you're in a pinch.