Beyonce has all of us talking about lemonade. But what other things can you do with this citrus fruit other than inspire a badass album title? They can be sweet, they can be sour, and they can be there for you in many ways you probably never thought of.

Check out these lemon-aids.

1. They can help treat mosquito bites

Lemons

Photo courtesy of mentalfloss.com

Itchiness, swelling, and skin rashes are just some of the symptoms of mosquito bites. Luckily, the natural anti-inflammatory and anesthetic properties of lemons are there to help you get through them.

Simply apply the juice directly onto the bite, or cut the lemon in half and rub the inside of one of the halves directly onto your itchy skin.

2. They can naturally clean your microwave

Lemons

Photo by Hana Brannigan

The acidic properties of a lemon can provide antibacterial and antiseptic properties for cleaning.

Squeeze half a lemon into a microwave-safe bowl, add about ½ cup of water. Microwave for 2-3 minutes. Let it sit for 5 minutes without opening the microwave door. Wipe away with your favorite cleaning rag.

3. They can soothe a sore throat

Lemons

Photo by Hana Brannigan

As mentioned, lemons have anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. Which definitely can come in handy with a painful throat. And of course, they’re rich in Vitamin C, which boosts the immune system.

Juice half a lemon in a cup, dilute it with a small amount of water, and gargle. You can also add half a lemon to your favorite go-to sick tea.

4. They can boost your energy and reduce stress 

Lemons

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Feeling out of sorts? The natural lemon scent can help you regenerate your energy and reduce stress. Just smelling the fresh fruit have revitalize your senses, cure your sleepiness and promote relaxation. Check out this article for more info on aromatherapy.

Just grab a lemon and sniff away!

#SpoonTip: This works with any citrus fruit.

5. They can cure nausea

Lemons

Photo by Hana Brannigan

Hungover? Lemons are easy on the stomach. They’ll relieve your nausea almost right away.

Cut a lemon into wedges. Suck a wedge for about a minute or two. You SHOULD rinse your mouth afterwards. The acidic properties of the lemon can damage your tooth enamel. Use this method with moderation.

6. They can freshen up your fridge

Lemons

Photo by Le Yi (Alice) Zhou

Lemons can also work as a natural deodorizer. The antibacterial and antiseptic properties of the lemon can also leave you fridge smelling nice and clean.

Dab lemon juice on an absorbent item (cotton ball, sponge, or rag) and leave it in the fridge for several hours.

7. They can sanitize your cutting board

Lemons

Photo by Cheryl Ching

Still trying to get rid or the garlicky, pepper smell on your cutting board? Have no fear, lemon peels are here! The oils on the lemon peels also contain antibacterial properties that can be used for natural cleaning as well.

Squeeze the lemon juice out of half a lemon, but make sure to leave the pulp. Add one teaspoon of salt on the cutting board. With pressure, rub the lemon all over the board. Rinse well.