There’s something about summer that just makes us all want to get white girl wasted. Like a whole-bottle-of-rosé white girl wasted.

What better way to #turnup this summer than with fruity sangria? Because fruit + wine = the ultimate summertime drink.

Believe it or not, sangria is fairly easy to make, and most importantly, easy to drink (because it’s so darn delicious). Here are some fool-proof tips to making the perfect sangria, every single time.

#SpoonTip: Don’t feel limited to summertime. With the right wine and spices, sangria can be consumed during fall or winter, like this apple cider, pear, and pomegranate sangria.

1. Pick yo’ wine

summer

Photo by Emma Delaney

Red, white, or rosé, whatever your preference may be. For summer purposes, I’d say stick to white or rosé, and if you’re feeling a little nighttime action, go for the red. Don’t go too expensive either (we wouldn’t want to waste actually good wine, would we?). Here are some great ones for under $10.

2. Pick yo’ fruit

summer

Photo by Anna Hirschorn

Now this is where you can have the most fun. Pick your favorite fruits, and in sangria, you can never have too much fruit. Some good pairings include:

Mango, strawberry, and peach.

Raspberry, orange, and lime.

White peach, blackberry, and grapefruit.

3. Get juicy

summer

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

Adding some juice is key to a delicious sangria, but I’m not talking about the juice you cleanse on. Try some lemonade (pink or regular), orange juice, or even passionfruit juice.

4. Spike it up

summer

Photo by Christina Urso

Yes, more alcohol. We’re talking white girl wasted here, people. Flavored liquors work best to boost flavor and add some booze without making it too strong. Go for liqueur like peach schnapps or Grand Marnier, or flavored rum like Malibu.

5. Make it spicy

summer

Photo by Anika Schaedle

Fresh herbs and dry spices can do much more than make your avocado toast look pretty. Herbs and spices can take your sangria from nada to Prada real quick. Try adding fresh mint, fresh ginger, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, and clove.

6. Keep it cool

summer

Photo courtesy of Grace Gotteman

The whole point of adding tons of fruit to the sangria is so the wine absorbs the fruits’ flavors. To make sure it’s really delicious, store your sangria in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving, or optimally overnight. Plus, warm wine = gross.

7. Fizz it up

summer

GIF by Max Bartick

Right before serving, turn your sangria into a really special drink by adding a little fizz, whether it be with flavored seltzer or champagne (the more alcohol, the merrier). Then, go ahead, pour into glasses, throw on some sunnies and drink up.