Detox waters have recently become all the rage, and one of the reasons they’re so popular is that they are so darn easy to make. They’re great ways to dress up your everyday water and stay hydrated. Here are some of my favorite recipes:

1. For the Love of Lemons Detox Water

detox waters

Photo by Bess Pearson

• Lemon wedges
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup (optional)
  • Hot water
  • A dash of cayenne pepper

Directions: Squeeze lemon wedges over hot water and mix in 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and sprinkle a dash of cayenne pepper on top. Stir and detox away.

This detox is great for cranking up your metabolism, bolstering your immune system, and regulating your body. You can also do a simple detox with just lemon and water each morning. Drinking this with a straw will decrease the potential for enamel and tooth decay.

2. Fizzy Fruit Detox Water

detox waters

Photo by Bess Pearson

• Soda water
  • Orange wedges
  • Lemon wedges (or lime)
  • Strawberries (optional)

Directions: Mix all ingredients together and enjoy.

This detox is great is super refreshing to drink after a good workout or just a long morning. The great thing about this detox recipe is that you can use virtually any fruit you can get your hands on. Citrus is great because it boosts your immune system and strawberries are fortified with antioxidants.

3. Refreshing Cucumber Detox Water

detox waters

Photo by Bess Pearson

• Water
  • Cucumbers
  • Lemon wedges
  • Mint

Directions: Mix all ingredients together.

This is my favorite detox water, simply because it is so easy and always leaves you feeling incredibly refreshed and energetic. Lemons are great for your immune system, mint revitalizes your senses, and cucumbers are perfect for both your muscles and skin. It’s a win-win, in my opinion.

4. Green Dream Detox Water

detox waters

Photo by Bess Pearson

• Water
  • Mint
  • Cucumber

This recipe is almost identical to the previous, but with one important distinction. If you have weak enamel, the acidity of lemons can be very upsetting. Simply eliminate them from your drink and you are still left with a delicious concoction.

5. Energizing Grapefruit Detox Water

detox waters

Photo by Bess Pearson

• Water
  • Half a grapefruit, sliced

Directions: I recommend grabbing a grapefruit the night before and leaving it to sit in a glass of water in your fridge overnight so you can reap the full benefits of this super fruit.

This is a great water to start your day with. Grapefruit is especially good for improving the health of your skin and heart.