Granola is marketed as a "health food," but some brands have tons of hidden sugars and preservatives that make it not so great for you. Not Bear Naked. Bear Naked is a company that offers creative and unique granola flavors (you can even customize your very own blend!) with simple ingredients that you can pronounce. I tried out two of their newest products, and here's what I thought about them.

Cacao and Cashew Butter Granola

Cacao has rapidly become a trending "health food" due to its high levels of fiber and antioxidants. Cashew butter has also begun to encroach on peanut butter's monopoly because it's full of healthy fats, high in protein, and honestly just so creamy and delicious.

So, when Bear Naked came out with this cacao and cashew butter granola, I was stoked. I've been looking for a decadent yet clean topping for my Greek yogurt, and Bear Naked seemed to pull through right on time.

This granola is for the adventurous eater because it's not overly sweet. The cacao is bitter, and with the addition of pepitas, it's also slightly salty. However, it's all tied together by the cashew butter and, surprisingly, ginger, which brings out all the flavors and plays nicely with tart yogurt. It's a fantastic way to start the morning and wake up your taste buds.

Peanut Butter & Honey Granola Bites

For those that are more traditional, Bear Naked has these Peanut Butter and Honey Granola Bites that are a great midday snack or complement to your breakfast. You can't go wrong with peanut butter and honey for some natural sweetness and sustainable energy to fuel you for the rest of the day.

I especially loved these treats because they're softer and chewier, so I don't feel like I'm going to chip a tooth when I try biting into them, unlike some other granola products.

Bear Naked is a quirky, budding company that's a leader in the granola market, and I can see why. It's got products that are incomparable in quality and flavor, and a strong mission to serving the planet that speaks volumes about the company's character. Do yourself and your body a favor the next time you're looking for a quick bite and grab some granola, you can thank me later.