It goes without saying that college can be stressful, and it is definitely necessary to take a moment for self care at the end of a long day. While occasionally it can be great to indulge in a treat, if you find yourself constantly cozying up with unhealthy food you may need to step back and reevaluate your habits. Instead, try one of these ideas to treat yourself, all from the comfort of your dorm room.

1. Journaling

Journaling is an easy way to let out some steam. You can quickly write out your thoughts, or take some more time to embellish your words. If you need some inspiration on how to get started, check out the Bullet Journal.

2. Use a Face Mask

Apply a face mask, then relax and do absolutely nothing for a few minutes. You can buy a cheap fiber mask at the drugstore, or make your own.

3. Try Aroma Therapy

Light a scented candle, use an essential oil diffuser, or try one of these alternatives – depending on your dorm's policy. The right scent creates a relaxing aroma and can help you unwind.

4. Meditate

You don't have to be a yoga master to take a moment to meditate. Unplug from all your electronics and obligations for a moment of peace. Not great at sitting still? Try these energizing yoga moves for the same effect.

5. Phone a Friend

Can't bear to unplug from your phone? Try calling a family member or a friend. Hearing the sound of their voice can be much needed after a long day.

6. Take a Bath

Not all dorms have a tub, but if you're one of the lucky ones, take advantage! Draw a bubble bath – add a bath bomb if you're feeling basic – and just let the warm water melt your stress away.

7. Read a Book

With all our required assignments, it can be easy to forget the fun of reading. Curl up with a cup of tea and get lost in a book of your choice.

8. Take time to practice a hobby or skill

Sometimes busy college schedules can keep us from our hobbies we used to enjoy. Take some time to pick them up again. Whatever you choose to do is completely up to you, whether it's knitting or making tiny food.

9. Netflix

This is an already well-known way to treat yourself, but nonetheless an episode of two of your favorite show or a movie can be the best way to destress after a long day.

After another long school day, if you feel yourself reaching for the cookie jar, try reaching for a journal and pen – or any of these other simple ideas – for some healthy self care instead.