We've all had times when life just wasn't on your side or you struggle to find the good in things. Negativity is a downward spiral and can be draining. It's so easy to complain about school, work, or any other stressors in life, but what good does that do to you and the people around you? 

Life should be fun, enjoyable, and bright! It has been proven that being happy is good for your health. Not only does being happy improve your well-being, it also can impact other people and cause a domino effect. With these 10 easy ways to a happier you, negativity is a thing of the past.

1. Eat Breakfast

blueberry, berry, sweet
Lindsey Rau

Eating a good breakfast is key to having enough energy to get you through whatever life has to throw at you. It helps get your brain and body going to make smart decisions throughout the day. Skipping this meal can lead to overindulging, irritability, and tiredness, so EAT BREAKFAST! It's literally the most important meal that can make or break having a good day. 

2. SMILE

milk, smoothie, juice, sweet, strawberry
Lindsey Rau

Did you know it takes 43 muscles to frown but only 23 to smile? Smiling, even if it's the last thing you want to do, can trigger your brain to send out the 'feel good' endorphins. So show off your pearly whites and get those happy hormones pumpin'.

3. LAUGH

barbecue, sausage, water, grass
Lindsey Rau

Just like smiling, laughing too can trigger the release of endorphins. Laughing is also a good ab workout. DOUBLE WIN! Laugh at yourself, at the tv, with your friends, just LAUGH and happiness will follow.

4. Jam out

gif
Lindsey Rau

This is my personal favorite. Blasting your favorite jams and dancing like no one's watching is the ultimate mood booster. Dancing is a way to express your inner self, so let loose and get down witcha' self.

5. Limit Social Media

sweet, gem, candy
Lindsey Rau

Social media is addicting. Don't let comparing your life to the 'glamorous' lives other people post about take control of your life. Limit social media use and you'll find that satisfaction more than just getting a ton of likes on a post.  

6. Do Something Nice 

rose, chocolate
Lindsey Rau

Small random acts of kindness are the best way to be happier. Whether the act is for a friend or complete stranger, the receiver will feel so appreciated and in turn, will make you feel all warm & fuzzy inside.

7. Happiness Jar

beer
Lindsey Rau

Make it a daily goal to write down one thing that made you happy that day. This will help you focus on the brighter side of things and realize there is goodness in life. Stick all of your notes in a cute 'Happiness Jar' to motivate and remind you. 

8. Exercise

grass
Lindsey Rau

This one's a no brainer. Exercising releases any stress, tension, or negativity going through your head. Go on a walk, lift weights, run, cycle, just DO something active and improve your mental and physical health.

9. Adequate Sleep

coffee, beer
Lindsey Rau

Sleep is such a beautiful thing. It signals the end of a day—a day which, hopefully, you were happy throughout! Getting 7-8 hours of sleep is imperative towards our health. Not getting the right amount of snooze time in can cause drowsiness, brain fog, and crankiness and we all know ain't nobody got time for that. 

10. Fully Engage

pasture, tea
Lindsey Rau

It seems like in today's world everyone is always on their phone. Try to put your phone away during class, dinner, or hanging with friends to truly experience freedom and be able to appreciate your surroundings. Beauty is all around us, not on our phones!