It’s summer vacation and chances are that you are currently drowning in copious amounts of booze at your school reunions, summer dates, family get-togethers or just as a reason to escape your hectic life by getting high and enjoying life’s moments.

The universal truth is : Vodka is the king of all boozes.

However, most of us resort to the bottom-shelf vodka either because we’re broke (general scene with college students) or we’re tired and bored of the mainstream vodka shots (like me!).

Spoon UDelhi brings to you some easy ways to make your bitter vodka better:

1. Flaming Marshmallow Jelly Shot

Marshmallows? Jellies ? Vodka? Burning flames? Yes you read it right, all of them together in one go! Most of you must be wondering how someone can add such a major twist to those conventional flaming shots.

This flaming shot will fulfill all your foodie-like wishes as the jellies and the marshmallows add the much needed twist and sweetness to those burning bitter shots.

2. Citrus Desire

My friends and I were bored of having fruit juices all day long to beat the summer heat. Then one fine day, an idea popped up in our minds – making our vodka healthier by adding nutritious juices to it. So we got creative and turned out to be masters at bartending.

Trust me, all your alcoholic desires will find a solace with citrus desire.

3. Bloody Mary

In context with its name, this drink is bloody red hot with a tantalizing taste factor. This one is bang for the buck if you’ve got naughty plans for a date night.

With the tangy taste of tomato juice mixed in salt and pepper clubbed with vodka, bloody mary renders flavours to turn on anyone’s senses.

4. Long Island Iced Tea

Social Offline, Hauz Khas Village, is one of the most talked about places in Delhi today. It’s the place which has the maximum hype around it, the place that is famous for its rugged and raw look, and the place from where you get an awe-inspiring view of Hauz Khas lake as you enjoy your meal and drinks.

A huge thanks to Social Offline for serving us the best Long Island Iced Tea!

The name of the drink used to puzzle me, but then it was just recently that I discovered how its name speaks a lot about the rich history. This drink dates back to 1970’s, when Robert Butt claimed to have invented it as an entry in a contest to create a new mixed drink including Triple Sec, while he worked at the Oak Beach Inn on Long Island, NY.

5. Screaming Orgasm

The drink is as much aphrodisiac as its name.

For all the coffee lovers out there, this drink is a delight. With each sip, you can feel the strong flavours of coffee and Baileys Irish cream taking over your senses and driving you crazy.

6. Martini

Have you got plans of watching some romantic and wild movies? Well, then you can definitely resort to a glass of martini to enjoy your movie even more.

You end up with an elegant, clean and classy drink by just mixing just two main ingredients. So all the lazy bums who are not fond of cooking can resort to their share of martinis.

7. Sea Breeze

How about a sour punk-y vodka shot while you vacay soaking up the sun, surf and sand during summers along the sea side? The grapefruit juice adds the much needed punch to your vodka and boosts your stamina.

Marshmallow Jelly Shots

• Prep Time:6 minutes
  • Cook Time:7 minutes
  • Total Time:11 minutes

• A packet of marshmallows
  • 2 oz vodka
  • 1 cup rum
  • 1 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
  • Some Jelly packets
Photo courtesy Of Flickr.com

Carve out the middle of the marshmallow with a fork. You can eat or discard the removed part of the marshmallow.

Photo by Tiare Brown

Photo by Tiare Brown

Now hold these marshmallow close to the stove so that it browns or burns all sides, except the side that has the fork in it.

Photo by Tiare Brown

Get the jelly packets and mix these jellies with vodka and Kahlua coffee liqueur to make a thick jelly mixture.

Photo by Tiare Brown

Pour the thick jelly mixture in the roasted marshmallows and dip these marshmallows into a cup of rum.

Photo by Tiare Brown

Hold the marshmallow over a flame and wait until it ignites. Once it’s done, blow out flame and eat.

Citrus Desire

• Prep Time:3 minutes
  • Cook Time:3 minutes
  • Total Time:6 minutes

• 3/2 oz vodka
  • 1 oz orange liqueur
  • 2/5 oz apple juice
  • 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
  • Some freshly peeled lemons for garnish
  • Handful of nuts
  • Ice
Photo by Paavani Jain

Combine all the ingredients in a shaker that has ice and shake.

Strain in a cocktail glass (chilled).

Decorate with an lemon peels and nuts.

Bloody Mary

• Prep Time:3 minutes
  • Cook Time:2 minutes
  • Total Time:5 minutes

• 2 oz vodka
  • 1 cup tomato juice
  • 4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
  • A pinch of salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • Ice cubes
  • Lemon peels

Use a cocktail glass and put in some ice.

Pour in some vodka, 4 drops of Tabasco sauce, tomato juice, salt and pepper (as per as your taste).

Mix well until all ingredients blend in properly and then garnish with a lemon peels.

Long Island Iced Tea

• Prep Time:5 minutes
  • Cook Time:3 minutes
  • Total Time:8 minutes

• 3/4 oz vodka
  • 3/4 oz gin
  • 3/4 oz white rum
  • 3/4 oz silver tequila
  • 3/4 oz triple sec
  • 3/2 oz sweet and sour mix
  • Splash of Coca-Cola
  • Lemon wedge (for garnish)
  • Ice cubes
Photo by Social Offline

Pour all the ingredients into a shaker and give one brisk shake.

Pour the mixture from the shaker into a glass and make sure there is a touch of fizz at the top.

Garnish with lemon.

Screaming Orgasm

• Prep Time:2 minutes
  • Cook Time:3 minutes
  • Total Time:5 minutes

• 1 oz vodka
  • 3/2 oz Baileys Irish Cream
  • 1/2 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
  • 1/2 oz amaretto liqueur
  • Ice cubes
  • Chocolate powder for garnish
  • Chocolate biscuits
Photo by Paavani Jain

Take a long glass and fill with ice.

Shake all ingredients in a shaker.

Pour the mixture from the shaker into a long glass and garnish with chocolate powder and chocolate biscuits.

Martini

• Prep Time:2 minutes
  • Cook Time:0 minutes
  • Total Time:2 minutes

• 3/2 oz vodka
  • 3/4 oz dry vermouth
  • olives to garnish
  • 1 cup of ice cubes
Photo by Paavani Jain

Combine vodka and dry vermouth in a cocktail mixing glass. Fill with ice and stir until chilled. Strain into a chilled martini glass.

Garnish with a few olives on a toothpick.

Sea Breeze

• Prep Time:2 minutes
  • Cook Time:2 minutes
  • Total Time:4 minutes

• 4 oz fresh grapefruit juice
  • 3/2 oz cranberry juice
  • 3/2 oz vodka
  • Lemon wedges (for garnish)
Photo by Paavani Jain

Pour vodka into an iced highball glass and fill it partially with grapefruit juice and top with cranberry juice. Mix the contents in the glass well and garnish with a lime wedge before serving