Not all homemade desserts require a fully stocked kitchen and an oven – these simple Oreo cheesecake truffles only have three ingredients and are made with a stovetop or microwave. They’re rich, chocolatey, bite-sized and perfect for serving to groups. Set these in front of college students and they’ll pop ’em like Adderall during finals.

Easy

Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes

Servings: 30-40

36 Oreo cookies
1 package (8 oz.) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels (substitute with white chocolate if preferred)

1. Put Oreos into a zip lock bag and crush to crumbs.

10703400746_b4d40a0bbd_b

2. Set ¼ cup of cookie crumbs aside for garnish (optional).
3. Combine Oreo crumbs and cream cheese in a medium-size bowl and mix until smooth and dark brown.

10703571303_8af686d89d_b
4. Shape truffle mix into 1-inch round balls using the palms of your hands and set aside on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

10703570983_c1bf8ff48d_b
5. Melt 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate morsels in a small pot on low heat on the stove. Stir frequently, but not constantly. (Note: Chocolate burns easily and clumps together, so use the lowest possible heat and add a tablespoon of vegetable oil if it begins to clump).

6. Remove pot from heat immediately when most, but not all, of the chocolate is melted. Stir the chocolate continuously until it is smooth, shiny, and completely melted.

Note: You can also use a microwave to melt the chocolate. Use a microwave-safe bowl and heat on 50% power for 30-second intervals, stirring in between and rotating the bowl if necessary. Finish heating when most, but not all, of the chocolate is melted. Stir the chocolate continuously until it is smooth, shiny, and completely melted.

10703324165_515337bd2d_b
7. Roll 2-3 truffles at a time in pot of melted chocolate until fully coated.

10703399556_2d34b942af_b
8. Remove truffles from pot, place on cookie sheet and sprinkle with cookie crumbs.

9. Once all truffles have been coated, let them sit in the refrigerator for 45 minutes until firm or until you just can’t wait any longer.