This post is sponsored by ConAgra Foods.

According to the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, it’s recommended that people consume 2.5 cups of vegetables a day, a goal that almost 9 out of 10 Americans are failing to meet. One of the greatest dilemmas college students and recent grads face is eating a more balanced diet without breaking the bank. How do I incorporate healthful ingredients into my diet while finding the time to cook food that will taste good?

In actuality, reaching your daily intake of vegetables doesn’t have to be painful, even mini pizza lollipops can get you one step closer. New research suggests adding canned tomatoes may be an easy way to help people meet their #veggiegoals. And lucky for us, this Huevos Rancheros breakfast bowl recipe is not only a perfect way to utilize Hunt’s tomato sauce, but also provides a base in which a multitude of vegetables can be added.

This recipe calls for onions, cilantro, lettuce, corn and avocado as additional vegetables, however there are endless options of vegetables that can be added to your own bowl. Also, this dish is perfect as a “DIY: build your own bowl” brunch potluck where your friends can bring their favorite vegetable to share with the group.

Here it is: a Veggie-Packed Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowl.

Huevos Rancheros Breakfast Bowls

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:30 minutes
  • Total Time:40 minutes
  • Servings:3 tortilla bowls

• 21 oz Hunt's tomato sauce
  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1/2 tablespoon ground chipotle peppers
  • 3 eggs
  • 3 10-inch whole wheat tortillas
  • PAM Original Cooking Spray
  • 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced (optional)
  • 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
  • 1 cup corn, rinsed and drained (optional)
  • 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
  • 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
  • 1 head, lettuce, rinsed and chopped (optional)
Photo by Helena Lin

Preheat oven to 375ºF.

Roughly chop onion. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium high heat and sauté onion until translucent, about 5 minutes.

Photo by Helena Lin

Microwave the chipotle pepper for 15 seconds to “toast” the pepper. Add to the onions and sauté for another 5 minutes.

Photo by Helena Lin

Pour in the Hunt’s tomato sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes.

Photo by Helena Lin

While sauce simmers, shape aluminum foil around a bowl that’s approximately the size you want your tortilla bowl to be.

Photo by Helena Lin

Grease the bowls with PAM Original Cooking Spray.

Photo by Helena Lin

Microwave the tortillas for 30 seconds. Shape the tortillas in the foil bowl and bake in oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the tortillas from the bowl and allow them to cool.

Photo by Helena Lin

Finish the Huevos Rancheros sauce with half the cilantro and the juice of half a lime.

Photo by Helena Lin

Blend the sauce using a blender or an immersion blender until smooth.

Photo by Helena Lin

Heat some vegetable oil in a pan, fry 3 eggs sunny side up.

Photo by Helena Lin

Arrange all your toppings on a cutting board alongside the eggs, sauce and tortilla bowls.

#SpoonTip: Make your brunch a BYOT (bring your own topping) event

Photo by Helena Lin

Start with lettuce, add whatever toppings you like, top it off with a fried egg…

Photo by Helena Lin

Then the pièce de résistance, finish it all off with half a cup of the sauce.

Photo by Helena Lin