I’ll admit, other than during finals season, I am not a big coffee drinker. I don’t like the taste of black coffee, but I also don’t like the idea of dumping gallons of cream and sugar into my mug. That’s where these stirring spoons come in.

For when a girl just needs a cup of coffee to get things going, these are a game-changer: they add the perfect amount of flavor and sweetness to your coffee without making it taste like a sugar cube. What’s even better is that you can tailor them to your liking with whichever types of chocolate or toppings you prefer.

Use this recipe as a guide into a totally new world of coffee drinking. If you don’t dig coffee, these stirring spoons go great with other beverages such as tea, hot cocoa or even hot vanilla.

Chocolate-Dipped Stirring Spoons

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:30 minutes
  • Total Time:40 minutes

• 1 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1 cup white chocolate chips
  • 1 cup milk chocolate and caramel Ghirardelli minis
  • 1 cup coconut
  • 1 cup crushed peppermint
  • 1 cup crushed walnuts
Photo by Cailin Diberto

Sort the chocolate into separate microwave-safe bowls then melt in the microwave, mixing the chocolate every 15 seconds to avoid burning it.

Photo by Cailin Diberto

Cover the spoon with the melted chocolate, making sure the chocolate fills the whole area.

Photo by Cailin Diberto

Sprinkle desired topping on top of the chocolate-covered spoon.

Photo by Cailin Diberto

Refrigerate spoons for 30 minutes or until fully hardened.

Photo by Cailin Diberto

Stir your coffee, hot chocolate or tea using the spoons to give it a unique and fun flavor.

Photo by Cailin Diberto