Let’s be real for a second. Every self-respecting ’90s kid ate Dunkaroos purely for the icing. Yeah, you got a nice, small stack of cinnamon cookies, but they merely served as a tool to scoop up the glorious funfetti frosting that can only be described as the childhood version of crack. Dunkaroos were a staple in the average ’90s kid’s diet, alongside other nutrient-packed superfoods like Gushers, Air Heads, and processed cheese that came out of a spray can.

Dunkaroos

.gif courtesy of giphy.com

Even though it is somehow already 2016, which is scary, the ’90s will never die thanks to this recipe. These quick and easy cinnamon sugar donuts are generously filled with the Dunkaroo funfetti dip that once ran through your very veins. There’s no need to take out your Easy-Bake Oven for this one; the dip itself requires only three ingredients, and all you have to do is stir them together. It’s so easy that you legitimately could have made it when you were an actual child in the ’90s. But no matter. Write this recipe in your Lisa Frank notebook and whip up these Dunkaroo Donut Bombs for a truly delicious blast from the past.

Recipe adapted from Buzzfeed.

Dunkaroo Donut Bombs

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:16 minutes
  • Total Time:25-30 minutes
  • Servings:16 Donut Bombs

• 1 can biscuit dough
  • 1 box Funfetti cake mix
  • 2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup Cool Whip
  • additional sprinkles to your liking
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • canola or vegatable oil for frying
Photo by Ari Collura

Firstly and most importantly, prepare the Dunkaroo dip.  Pour the Funfetti cake mix into a large bowl.

Photo by Ari Collura

Add in the yogurt.

Photo by Ari Collura

Then the Cool Whip. Feel free to also add in more rainbow sprinkles.

Photo by Ari Collura

Mix that all together to unlock your childhood dreams.

Note that this recipe leaves you with a lot of Dunkaroo dip, so you can double up on the biscuit dough, cinnamon and sugar to make more donuts. Ooooor just scoop up the remaining dip with graham crackers, a spoon, or even your donuts for an endless amount of sugary #nostalgia.

Photo by Ari Collura

Begin preparing the donuts by separating the dough and cutting each biscuit round in half.

Photo by Ari Collura

To fill the donuts, start by stretching out a slice of biscuit dough. Place about half of a tablespoon of Dunkaroo dip in the center.

Photo by Ari Collura

Pinch the ends of the dough together to close in the dip, and roll into a ball. Repeat for all of the biscuit slices.

.gif by Ari Collura

On the side, mix the cinnamon and sugar together. Pour into a Ziploc bag, and keep this coating readily accessible.

Photo by Ari Collura

Place the dough ball into oil that has been heated under a low to medium flame. Let cook for four minutes total, flipping the donut every minute. You can cook several donuts at a time.

#SpoonTip: Keep the dough balls in the fridge while the oil heats up for best results.

Photo by Ari Collura

Once the donut is cooked, toss it in the Ziploc bag filled with the cinnamon sugar coating. Shake bag until donut is fully coated.

Photo by Ari Collura

Break open a chilled can of YooHoo, blast your favorite Spice Girls hits, and party like it’s 1999.

Photo by Ari Collura