With winter quickly approaching, we are all craving our favorite seasonal flavors. We can’t help but enjoy the nice cool weather as we cozy up in our warm sweaters. Despite the excitement about these delicious flavors, sometimes college can make baking treats this holiday season rather difficult. You either can’t afford all the ingredients or don’t have enough space in your miniature dorm room kitchen.

Whatever the case may be, you shouldn’t let these college struggles stop you from making unique seasonal treats (or anytime treats).

These s’mores krispie treats are just what you need to survive this fall and winter season. Who needs a bonfire to enjoy sweet s’mores when you can make your very own sweet, sticky bars of goodness in your room in under 15 minutes?

S'mores Krispie Treats

• Prep Time:10 minutes
  • Cook Time:5 minutes
  • Total Time:15 minutes

• 3 tablespoon butter (if using unsalted butter, add a dash of Salt)
  • 5 cup mini marshmallows
  • 6-7 cup Graham cereal pieces
  • 3 Hershey's milk chocolate bars, broken into pieces
Photo by Amanda Raquel Rodriguez

Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray or line with parchment paper. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat.

#Spoontip: Parchment paper is easier to clean up and store the bars once cooled.

Photo by Amanda Raquel Rodriguez

Once the butter is melted, take the pot off heat and add 4 cups of the mini marshmallows into the pot.

#SpoonTip: Make sure to stir the marshmallows to allow them to fully blend together when melted.

Photo by Amanda Raquel Rodriguez

Add the cereal into the sticky mixture and mix well while adding the extra cup of marshmallows into the mixture.

P

Quickly pour half the mixture into the pan and press down the top with some Hershey’s pieces. Pour the rest of the mixture on top and decorate the top with the rest of the Hershey’s pieces.

#Spoontip: Try to work really fast on this step since the mixture is extremely sticky and hard to work with if you let it cool for too long.

Photo by Amanda Raquel Rodriguez

Once done, place them in the refrigerator to set for about an hour and then cut into bars.

photo by Amanda Raquel Rodriguez