Sometimes the simplest dishes can be the best, and that rings true of this broccoli parmesan pasta. In less than 20 minutes and with under 5 ingredients, you can create a warm, filling, and comforting healthy dinner. The parmesan cheese melds together tender broccoli and al dente pasta, and adds a salty, nutty note, creating an outrageously delicious dish.

Luckily, it’s fast and easy enough for anyone to make even on a weeknight, and has simple ingredients, which somehow all come together and bring out the best in each other, creating one of the tastiest pasta dishes you’ll ever have.

Easy

Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes

Servings: 1-2

1 cup pasta, uncooked
1 cup broccoli florets
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese, vegan parmesan substitute, or nutritional yeast
Salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
1. Bring 6 cups water to a boil in a pot. Cook pasta according to directions on package.

2. Bring 1-2 inches of water to a boil in a small saucepan.

3. Chop broccoli into even pieces and place in a steamer basket, and place on top of the saucepan. Cover with lid and steam until tender, about 5-6 minutes. Alternately, cook broccoli covered in the microwave for 3-5 minutes, or until tender.

pasta

Photo by Katherine Baker

4. Drain cooked pasta and return to pan. Add olive oil, cooked broccoli, grated Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste.

pasta

Photo by Katherine Baker

For more pasta to oodle your noodle, check out: