If you’re traveling this summer, whether it’s by plane, train or automobile, having snacks on deck is key to a successful trip. However, it’s easy to overindulge in foods like potato chips or cookies as you anticipate a new and exciting adventure. Check out these 5 healthy substitutes to prevent the typical sugar high or carbo-load and you can be sure to stay on track for that summer beach bod!

1. Instead of potato chips, try popchips, or another popped chip alternative.

snack

Photo by Gabby Phi

This chip is light, crunchy and air-popped, so it only contains half the fat of regular fried chips (score!)

2. Instead of a bag of candy, try dark chocolate yogurt raisins.

snack

Photo by Gabby Phi

These raisins will satisfy your sweet tooth without the overload of sugar that comes with a bag of chocolate candies.

3. Instead of a traditional granola bar, try a Lara Bar.

snack

Photo by Gabby Phi

Most granola bars come with a bunch of preservatives and added sugars, but Lara Bars are made with only whole foods. Each bar contains no more than nine ingredients. Or, if you have the time, whip up a batch of homemade granola bars to last all week.

4. Instead of chips and dip, try cucumber slices with hummus.

snack

Photo by Gabby Phi

A totally addicting yet healthy snack that is refreshing and easy to eat on the go.

5. Instead of a sandwich, try peanut butter on a rice cake.

snack

Photo by Gabby Phi

This snack is sweet and crunchy and also has far fewer calories than a sandwich made with bread. Add jelly to make a healthier version of PB&J.